Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks hehe , i also want to lower it but i dont want to sacrifice the ride , most of all the roads here in our city isnt really that good hehe

actaully the color varies due to lightings hehe, sometimes its brown , sometimes its metallic , grey and bluish violet during sunsets hehe

here is another pic, it take better pics next time i got time hehe, i just use camera phone for this hehe

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
For a better ride and especially with bad roads, I would recommend a higher profile tire than what you are running now. Probably something closer to the stock tire size would be optimal. With bad potholes, one big impact with low profile tires will almost certainly bend one of your alloys. Something to ponder.... :wink:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input ,
my current tire is 235/50/18 i think if i still go bigger it wont fit the wheel wheel anymore, can it fit a bigger size ?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mensa is saying going smaller, and I can only back him up on that one. We have some pretty rough roads and I have seen too many of my friends rims get destroyed.

As for the Rav fitting bigger....well, you can go up to a 20 inch, but it is totally impractical. Someone had 20s. Ride will be uncomfortable, and they will be destroyed easily.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Two possible reasons that that particular rim will not fit on our RAVs. First, the wheel bolt diameter is not the same as our 5 x 114.3mm. And secondly, the offset may not work with our RAVs.

Is there a way to make it fit? Maybe. For the offset, depending on how much play there is; wheel spacers can be used. For the different bolt diameter sizes between the wheel and the RAVs hub; they do sell spacers that accomodate between two different sizes. I wouldn't recommend it however. But it is possible.

If anything, I would try to get wheels that are made in the same wheel bolt diameter and offset as our RAVs to eliminate as much problems with fitment and performance as possible. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Derek said:
Two possible reasons that that particular rim will not fit on our RAVs. First, the wheel bolt diameter is not the same as our 5 x 114.3mm. And secondly, the offset may not work with our RAVs.

Is there a way to make it fit? Maybe. For the offset, depending on how much play there is; wheel spacers can be used. For the different bolt diameter sizes between the wheel and the RAVs hub; they do sell spacers that accomodate between two different sizes. I wouldn't recommend it however. But it is possible.

If anything, I would try to get wheels that are made in the same wheel bolt diameter and offset as our RAVs to eliminate as much problems with fitment and performance as possible. :D
Thanks for all the info.

By the way, those rims look SICK!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts