Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yay!!! I finally took the plunge and got new speakers for my RAV4. Today, I had Infinity 6002si installed for the front, and tomorrow, will have the Rockford Fosgate RFC 4306 in the rear. I looked at the stock speakers and just laughed. I can't believe that I waited so long.

I hate to get greedy here, but the next thing I want is a good amp to drive my speakers. :oops:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello, I'm assuming by your post, you had them installed at a shop. Did they put anything behind the speakers to protect them from the elements? The reason I ask, is because I too have some new speakers coming and I have removed the door panels in anticipation. Today I went through the car wash and was supprised to see the amount of water that gets inside the door and actually sprays out through the speaker hole. I am wondering if I should put a speaker baffle or something behind my new speakers? I'm also thinking af spraying some key points with noise dampening spray.

Perhaps I'll stop by a car audio place and ask them what they think.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be scarry... water splatting out? what kind of car wash it is? reminds me of "the ring"...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wash was just a regular touch free style.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BobCat said:
Hello, I'm assuming by your post, you had them installed at a shop. Did they put anything behind the speakers to protect them from the elements? The reason I ask, is because I too have some new speakers coming and I have removed the door panels in anticipation. Today I went through the car wash and was supprised to see the amount of water that gets inside the door and actually sprays out through the speaker hole. I am wondering if I should put a speaker baffle or something behind my new speakers? I'm also thinking af spraying some key points with noise dampening spray.

Perhaps I'll stop by a car audio place and ask them what they think.
No :(, unfortunately, I didn't ask my installer to put anything behind the speakers to guard them against the elements. Oh well...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EHinth604, I have the same front speakers and the windows hit them. I didn't put a spacer in yet, but that's gonna hafta happen soon with the warm weather coming. I'll probably add something behind them while I'm in there to protect them from water damage.

I ordered a Scion head unit (160 watts) off ebay because I don't wanna mess with an external amp. Hoping it will do a better job of driving the Infinitis. I'll let you know next week.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts