Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new sport delivered yesterday and I am pleased as all get out save one thing that I discovered this morning.

I made sure I ordered the 6 CD in dash changer (not JBL as could not get one). the dealer confirmed that I had that verbally. When I tried to load the thing up this morning, I can only put one disc in. I checked the window sticker and low and behold, not a 6 disc system. I am a little worked up about this. Do I have any recourse or am I just going to have to live with this?

Other than that, the katskin leather, tow hitch, sunroof, side and curtain airbags, DAC, tonneau and cargo net, mats, additional carpet, first aid kit options are all there.

The vehicle is flawless with the exception of the CD. Now I know I made sure I specified I wanted the 6 cd changer. any ideas what to do in this case?

L

·
0 Posts
6 CD changer

You should definately call them and either have them install it for you free of charge or give you a refund for that option. If your paperwork says that a 6 CD changer is one of the options on the car that you paid for then they need to make some sort of arrangements because of the error.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Your contract or sales agreement should specify all the options. If it is on the contract, then you have a case, if not, there is not much you can do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yea, you should get what you paid for, HOWEVER, try to get the cash back instead and spring for an ipod. Much more convenent and far safer to opperate than messing with CDs. The built in AUX jack in the console works great, so you don't have to mess with any wiring. They even put a recharging jack in there!

The only time I've touched a CD is to burn it to my computer. After that, it ends up on the shelf. Leaves more storage in the RAV for other things.

S

·
0 Posts
antirich said:
Yea, you should get what you paid for, HOWEVER, try to get the cash back instead and spring for an ipod. Much more convenent and far safer to opperate than messing with CDs. The built in AUX jack in the console works great, so you don't have to mess with any wiring. They even put a recharging jack in there!

The only time I've touched a CD is to burn it to my computer. After that, it ends up on the shelf. Leaves more storage in the RAV for other things.
I have a premium AUX cable with two different filters and the sound quality going through the AUX is still not near CD quality. I agree with safety and convenience issue, but audio through the AUX is inferior. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts