Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2011 4WD RAV4, due for new tires, live in Oklahoma, some of the roads not so smooth, so main features needed is a quieter ride with good traction, if they last only about 45,000 miles that's fine, thanks so much ! Need any & all recommendations....

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll need new tires soon and are seriously considering General AltiMax RT43 (T rated) all season tires, 75,000 mile estimated life. Not rated as high as some but considered a good buy. A little over $400 a set of 4. The other 2 highly rated tires cost quite a bit more.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Have a 2011 4WD RAV4, due for new tires, live in Oklahoma, some of the roads not so smooth, so main features needed is a quieter ride with good traction, if they last only about 45,000 miles that's fine, thanks so much ! Need any & all recommendations....
I run Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires (in the summer). Extremely quiet and smooth, and particularly good in water.

They are OEM tires on the Lexus RX 350, which should give you an idea of their ride characteristics.

I think they have been (are being) replaced by the Michelin Premiere LTX (?) model, not sure.

Thumbs up for an excellent ride, though.

Reactions: Rav4 Fireball

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought the Cordovan Wild Spirit Sport HXT and they've been great tires. I've had them for a little over a year and they barely show any wear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I replaced the tires on my '12 V6 last year and went with the General AltiMax RT43's and have been happy with them. They're quite good in snow (living in MN this is a must) and they're a bit quieter on the highway than the stock tires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just bought a set for my 2012 Rav and got some All season 60K rated 17" Radar tires from Simpletire.com and they were delivered to my house in a few days for $284. Paid a place $40 bucks to install them. They're quiet and smooth but have a slightly aggressive tread and I'm pretty happy with them. They are much quieter than $150/ea Bridgestone Duellers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts