Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but didn't find too many postings for tires. New wheels are popular, but tires must not be, lol.

Two of my original four tires barely had any tread left. Perhaps I didn't rotate them enough ? I'll keep a better eye on them and perhaps rotate every 4k, rather than every 5k. I did get 33k on them, which is ok for OE.

I wanted a decent QUIET tire, so that rules out four wheeling tires with an aggressive tread. Previously, I used Firestone's Ecopia tires on my Prius and found them to be whisper quiet. They also increase gas mileage a little, having low rolling resistant rubber.

So, I bought four Firestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia, P235/55R18, for $647 and a $75 mail in rebate, plus $100 discount for using my Firestone cc. Took a test drive and these new tires are very quiet. I think I'll be happy with them. Winter driving is not a great concern for my winters are mild. The road crews do an excellent job of clearing any ice and snow.

The total bill was much higher, but it includes lifetime rotation, wheel balancing, alignment, road hazard, and new TPMS valve stems. I rotate tires every 5k and get an alignment every six months (spring and fall). So, I should get my money's worth.

The warranty is for 60k and my goal is to get as many miles as possible out of this new set of tires.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, I bought four Firestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia, P235/55R18,

Very nice. So what did you actually buy Firestone or Bridgestone?
If you bought Firestone Destination LE2 - great choice, and if Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia, not so great. Also if you bought Bridgestone, then what speed rating your tires are? The OEM rating is "H". You don't want to go for "V" rating and neither "T".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts