Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to post some tire info incase you had questions. I have a 2015 Rav4 LE that came stock with 225/65r17 yokohama g91 crap tires. I ended up putting about 15000 miles on them and decided it was time for some all terrains to do some trail driving. I ended up going with the Hankook Dynapro Atm 235/65r17. They are only about 1/2" wider and 1/2 taller in diameter. They feel great. Road noise is a little louder at slower speeds (barely audible) but quieter at speeds over 40-70mph. The ride is alittle better. I have already had some buddies I car pool with comment that ride is smoother. No rubbing at all and I have OEM mudflaps installed. Bought them at Tiny's Tires for $740. I have not had a chance to go out on any forest service roads with these, but I already feel more confident than with the Yoko's. Anyways, thought I would share incase you are looking or interested.

Thanks
Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Looks good. I've never been a fan at all of that color, but with the blacked out front tint, non color matched side mirrors and black wheels it really looks good. Nice job!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put the same 235/65/17 Dynapro ATM on my 2009 V6. Speedo should be off 2% now, so my mpg tracking is busted.

Yeah, some noise under 50, but ride is smooth...corners confident.

Oddly, I have less steering feedback...meaning, it is so smooth, I can turn my wheel with a pinky...
The "speed sensitive" steering used to have some firmness in a parking lot, has gone away. Not to my liking actually.

I went to Jet.com, being new customer, They have a coupon worth 15% off your first 3 orders. So, the math...each tire was $94.00, no tax, no shipping. Since the coupon maxed out at $30 value, I place two orders, with two tires each. Wah-la...4 tires for $376 delivered to my door by fedex....then, $86 to Firestone to mount and balance. So, yeah $462 total....some deal I made for myself.

I will update/review after some miles..

Also, put the AFE dry filter in, NICE...highly recommend that $63 purchase. aFe POWER 31-10151 Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filter | aFe POWER

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hey Guys, hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to post some tire info incase you had questions. I have a 2015 Rav4 LE that came stock with 225/65r17 yokohama g91 crap tires. I ended up putting about 15000 miles on them and decided it was time for some all terrains to do some trail driving. I ended up going with the Hankook Dynapro Atm 235/65r17. They are only about 1/2" wider and 1/2 taller in diameter. They feel great. Road noise is a little louder at slower speeds (barely audible) but quieter at speeds over 40-70mph. The ride is alittle better. I have already had some buddies I car pool with comment that ride is smoother. No rubbing at all and I have OEM mudflaps installed. Bought them at Tiny's Tires for $740. I have not had a chance to go out on any forest service roads with these, but I already feel more confident than with the Yoko's. Anyways, thought I would share incase you are looking or interested.

Thanks
Chad
Are those stock rims? can't see what kind of rims those are.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks
Chad
finally somebody posted pictures of how ATM tires look on the 4th gen. Im looking at the nitto trail grapplers 255/55/18

1 - 8 of 8 Posts