Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Rav4World,

I just picked up a 2007 Rav4 Limited V6 in white. The car has 88k miles and is in pretty good shape. My girlfriend and I recently got a dog so we have been searching for a small SUV that was AWD, had some hauling space in the trunk to haul stuff and didn't break the bank on price and MPGs.

Since this will mainly be my DD I needed something with a little power. Originally I was set only on foresters as they caught my eye in looks and have the low end torque power. Sadly we couldn't find any decent ones in our price range so we expanded our search. My girlfriend suggested I look at Rav4s and they slowly started growing on me. I test drove a 06 I4 but it just didn't have the uppity I was looking for. Especially coming from a 350whp vehicle previously. Her dad (a car salesman) found this V6 on one of their used lots from a trade in on a new car and I was basically sold before test driving.

Its tan leather interior (toupee for people who know more than 7 colors)
2 rows seating
Heated seats

Plans for the vehicle:
Tint front windows and tail lights
Plasti dip grill, wheels, and badges black
Paint headlight housing black
18" Summer wheels and tires... XXR 521 18x8.5 +35 gunmetal or black most likely
black painted calipers
maybe an ipod kit and navigation unit

Other than aesthetics I wont be changing too much about the car. It will be our road trip and winter car so it has to be reliable.

Here is a really bad picture I took gassing it up last night for the first time:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on the photos, had a nice day to take photos but never got around to posting them. Wheels are pretty curbed up but that's alright. Little plastidip will fix that as soon as it warms up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Started PlastiDipping some things here and there. Didnt have the wheels clean or time to do them yet but they will be black soon. So I did the grill and badges. As well as a few window stickers, US Flag to support my country and a "Hidden" Smith & Wesson sticker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another update, Plastidipped the wheels black. It was cold I only had a garage for the day so I left the wheels on the car and didn't tape off the tires. It looks a little bad on the tires up close but from a distance you cant see the excess I didn't peel off. Hopefully getting my windows tinted next week some time, going at least 20% up front and adding some to the rears to make them darker.

Anyone know where to buy just the rear mud flaps? Mine only has fronts and I want to even it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was finally able to get my windows tinted this weekend, for the record rear windows for a rav 4.3 is 29% (glass tint, which is a different color than film tint). The tint place had a meter and tested it before tinting it. I decided to get a 30% on all the rear windows and a 15% on the front two. After tinting the meter read 11.85% on the front windows and just under 10% on the rear windows. I wanted to make sure the rear windows did not end up lighter than the fronts like I have seen a few people on here. The natural tint of the glass for the front windows were 79% if anyone was wondering.

This is in direct sunlight with my girlfriend sitting in the drivers seat making gang signs (which I do not condone):

This is in non direct early morning light:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts