Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for adding me.

I have been an owner of a 2001 RAV base 2wd for a few years. Liked the car, this winter took it to the top of Donner Summit in a snow storm and over sweet and snowy forest service roads in Modoc and Lassen counties. The RAV did OK, but I decided that I could get in more trouble and go more places if I had 4WD. Over the last couple of months I've watched the ads on Craigslist and recently bought a 2011 Base 4WD RAV, which I am now preping for a road trip through the Colorado Rockies.

I found this forum looking for information on using the factory radio antenna with an aftermarket Siruis/XM receiver. Some good information that I'll need to sort through before I buy the new receiver. I'll try to write up my installation adventure.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Welcome, Leo! Enjoy your trip in the Rockies!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Welcome! I appreciate you adventure!

Now is a good time to ask Net Wisdom (again) - tire chains - front, back or all four?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I expect to be able to go everywhere I need to with just all terrain M+S tires and 4WD, But, I have chains and based on how the 4WD works I would put them on the front as most power is applied there. If I need four wheel chains, I am somewhere that I should not be at!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts