Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I just picked up a 2012 Limited V6 in Blizzard Pearl with 3,200 miles on it. I have owned Hondas all my life and this is the first Toyota I have purchased. It was time to upgrade from my '99 Honda CR-V but I wanted something with more power, since I was getting a little tired of the underpowered 4 cylinders in the Hondas.

So far, it has been great. The acceleration is effortless. No more sitting behind slow pokes in traffic because my car is too slow to pass anyone. Now, I am free to pass at will.

Well, I look forward to learning all about this vehicle from this forum and from all of you fellow owners. Thanks for taking the time to read!

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy that V6 power - my wife's CR-V with the 4 cyl. and 5 speed auto is pretty good regarding acceleration, but even so can't come near equaling my V6 RAV in mountain road passing maneuvers.

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Welcome #2!
I've always had Hondas (manual 4-cylinder Accords) since 1968 but advised my daughter away from the CRV in 1998, saying the RAV4 was better. She bought one anyway and boy was it anemic.
My '94 Accord EX was fun - until I bought my wife the '06 RAV4 V6. It was way more fun, so much so she said, "Get your own car instead of hogging mine!" Research found the Accord Hybrid V6 which again satisfies my right foot - and gets great mileage if I back off a little.
So enjoy the 269HP but just realize it can get you into trouble. I mentally have to switch gears when the wife is a passenger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts