Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Curtis Tow Hitch for my Rav4 off Ebay for $89. Got a Coleman bike carrier in the clerance section at Target for $40. I stuck the bikes on and they fit perftect. Forgot to snap a pic with the bikes though :roll: .

Also put on my new Auto Vent Visors over the windows.

·
Registered
36 Posts
who did you buy the hitch from on ebay and is it a 1 1/4 or 2 inch(class 2 or class3 ) .

sweet deal

caz

S

·
0 Posts
I got the same hitch on ebay but I took it off since I dont like the look of it on the rav4

however, it looks decent with the bike rack tho.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna get a hitch cover for it. I think it will look a little cleaner then. It was really a snap to put on. I did it myself in about 15 minutes. Came with all the bolts and everything matched up fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Snowserpent thanks for the link I realy like the bumper cover in the your pics were did you getr it ?????

Thank

caz

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did you get the Auto vent shade? how much?

I got them off of Ebay. I get everything off of Ebay. The seller doesn't have any listed right now but they were around $36 plus shipping. The part number is (AVS Product # 94608) which I believe is for the 06 Toyota Rav 4. These are the type that tape on the exterior of the door. Not the In-channel type. I had the In-channel on my Chevy Colorado and I didn't particularly care for them. They interfered with the window a little so I opted for this type for the Rav...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have read the many posts about hitch mounted bike racks and spent a bit of time checking them out online and at bike shops. I ended up with a Draw-Tite round tube 2 inch hitch and I bought a Toyota rubber hitch plug to make it look a bit better. For the bike rack I ended up with a Yakima Kingpin 2 (holds 2 bikes). It clears the spare tire cover by about 8 inches and folds down so I can open the rear door some, but not fully open. I originally tried the Yakima Bighorn line of bike racks but they rubbed against the spare cover. The Kingpin line is a bit more expensive, but it easily clears the cover and is much better built. I also got the lock kit for the hitch pin and bike rack, both use the same key. I would recommend this setup for anyone that is looking for a nice bike rack. The Kingpin line comes in a 4 bike configuration also. I found that usually you will have to go to an actual bike shop for the Kingpin line as the discount stores usually only carry the Bighorn line.
Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts