Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things I need help with...
2021 Toyota Rav 4 TRD OFF Road by the way.
1. Replaced original grille with a “Toyota” grill with amber lights and my “collision” sensor seems to be “off” even after making sure every plug is plugged in and have it placed in its original position as before... (do I have to reset/calibrate my sensors? Anyone have dealt with this?)
2. I can not seem to simultaneously connect my amber lights with the headlamps so they turn on and off simultaneously with them... they’re currently connected with the USB 1 fuse. What fuse would I tap them into in order to have them working along with the headlights only... (thankfully they turn on when the vehicle is on, but is a bit annoying having them on all the time even on broad day light which couldn’t be worse case scenario...).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
217 Posts
More than likely you'll have to clear the codes with an aftermarket scan tool or techstream. If it does require calibration, then you will have to take it to get it calibrated. Technically per Toyota anytime that sensor is unplugged and/or removed, it requires calibration. That being said, i think a lot of people have moved it without doing so...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you following the blueyota tutorial? I believe you need to move the sensor bracket and remount the sensor if you put on letters.

Blueyota tutorial

for the amber lights, people are either adding a oem style button (if you have blanks left of the steering wheel) or splicing into the fog light wire. The light relay is down stream of the fuse so you can’t solve it just by choosing another circuit to tap into unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts