Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of the Wife's new 2017 RAV4 HV Limited Friday. It's Electric Storm Blue/black interior, AT pkg and all the stick-ons we wanted. That makes 3 Toyota hybrids in the stable now and they are all 100% built in Japan. She's happy...and speaking as a Mechanic...I very happy now.

Thanks to all on this forum that helped...even though you didn't know it. :wink

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats. Got a Electric Storm Blue, Ash Interior like yours a month ago. Its also about as loaded as yours too. But its are first Toyota, and hybrid too. I went with Toyota, because they seem to have the most experience with Hybrids.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats to you as well. Wife had interior narrowed to Ash and Black, but liked the later more. We did look at the Cinnamon and Nutmeg, but they didn't work for us. I think Toyota offered these to compete with the Subaru Forester...which currently is also a very good vehicle we considered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats to you as well. Wife had interior narrowed to Ash and Black, but liked the later more. We did look at the Cinnamon and Nutmeg, but they didn't work for us. I think Toyota offered these to compete with the Subaru Forester...which currently is also a very good vehicle we considered.
I'll add my two cents worth also. Congrats to all above! After a long (long) look at the Honda CR-V EX-L AWD, we finally decided to go with the RAV4H and were so glad we did. Picked it up 2 days ago and look forward to many years of ownership. Thanks to all in the forum for all the wonderful tips!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'll add my two cents worth also. Congrats to all above! After a long (long) look at the Honda CR-V EX-L AWD, we finally decided to go with the RAV4H and were so glad we did. Picked it up 2 days ago and look forward to many years of ownership. Thanks to all in the forum for all the wonderful tips!
. Would you share why you choose the RAV4H over the Honda CR-V EX-L?

·
Registered
4 Posts
. Would you share why you choose the RAV4H over the Honda CR-V EX-L?
I was originally looking at the CR-V, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, and the (regular) RAV4. The Honda people had stories about how great the CR-V was and Consumer Reports was all about the Forester. The CX-5 hadn't come out yet with the 2017 model and the RAV4 was panned by lots of YouTube "experts" as being dull and not "exciting" to drive. I started researching the CR-V (for about 3 months) and thought that it was the one I wanted. I wanted the White Diamond color with Beige Leather interior. I read everything I could on their user forum site and saw that people across the country were purchasing it for some super nice prices. I went to my local Honda dealer and test drove the vehicle and was impressed by what I saw. I could not get the dealer to come down (much) off the MSRP and found out that most of the dealers in Oregon wouldn't come down much either - very frustrating. I did find one dealer that would come down off the price, but they couldn't get the color I wanted. Seems as though Honda has some kind of allotment thing with the dealers. Anyway, to make this long story a bit shorter, I wanted an SUV that got great gas mileage and noticed the RAV4H was better than the CR-V. After researching the RAV4H and reading good things about it on this users forum site, I decided the Toyota was what I wanted. The CR-V's engine and turbo were brand new for 2017 and I wasn't sure if I wanted to take a chance on that as opposed to the RAV4H with their proven hybrid technology. I did pay more for the RAV4H than I would have the CR-V, but I feel we will be happier with the Toyota (fingers crossed). The only complaint I have is the drivers seat doesn't go back too far - and I am 5'10". Any suggestions?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was originally looking at the CR-V, Subaru Forester, Mazda CX-5, and the (regular) RAV4. The Honda people had stories about how great the CR-V was and Consumer Reports was all about the Forester. The CX-5 hadn't come out yet with the 2017 model and the RAV4 was panned by lots of YouTube "experts" as being dull and not "exciting" to drive. I started researching the CR-V (for about 3 months) and thought that it was the one I wanted. I wanted the White Diamond color with Beige Leather interior. I read everything I could on their user forum site and saw that people across the country were purchasing it for some super nice prices. I went to my local Honda dealer and test drove the vehicle and was impressed by what I saw. I could not get the dealer to come down (much) off the MSRP and found out that most of the dealers in Oregon wouldn't come down much either - very frustrating. I did find one dealer that would come down off the price, but they couldn't get the color I wanted. Seems as though Honda has some kind of allotment thing with the dealers. Anyway, to make this long story a bit shorter, I wanted an SUV that got great gas mileage and noticed the RAV4H was better than the CR-V. After researching the RAV4H and reading good things about it on this users forum site, I decided the Toyota was what I wanted. The CR-V's engine and turbo were brand new for 2017 and I wasn't sure if I wanted to take a chance on that as opposed to the RAV4H with their proven hybrid technology. I did pay more for the RAV4H than I would have the CR-V, but I feel we will be happier with the Toyota (fingers crossed). The only complaint I have is the drivers seat doesn't go back too far - and I am 5'10". Any suggestions?
. That's great. When Toyota came out with these in 2016, I was impressed, but wasn't ready to buy one. I briefly considered the Honda CR-V, but my wife said, no, she was tired of me of switching for the last 5 years. I was first considering a Saburu Crosstrek, but really wanted a Forester or Outback, than I wanted the Mazda CX-5, till Toyota released the RAV4 hybrid and I was impressed with that. I am 5'10' too, but never had any seat issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts