Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my W/P and timing belt changed in my 2000 .
I also replaced the tensioner , spring and end seals while
it was apart .
This was done by a licensed , non Toyota shop .
I now have issues with a rattling , vibration noise that is most prevelent during shifting and certain RPM ranges while driving .
It almost feels/sounds like a part of the exhaust buzzing against the frame .

I took it back to the shop for them to do a relook at it but they couldn't find anything obvious .
They do , however want me to bring it back again when they have more time to dig deeper into it .
For non factory mechanics , is there any quirks to doing this procedure that factory Toyota mechanics would know that my mechanic wouldn't ?

K

·
0 Posts
It's perfectly normal once you had your engine opened and has some minor vibrations in it. I think it's just a loose bolt somewhere.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: New Water pump & belt in but now I have vibration is

ccaddy said:
Just got my W/P and timing belt changed in my 2000 .
I also replaced the tensioner , spring and end seals while
it was apart .
This was done by a licensed , non Toyota shop .
I now have issues with a rattling , vibration noise that is most prevelent during shifting and certain RPM ranges while driving .
It almost feels/sounds like a part of the exhaust buzzing against the frame .

I took it back to the shop for them to do a relook at it but they couldn't find anything obvious .
They do , however want me to bring it back again when they have more time to dig deeper into it .
For non factory mechanics , is there any quirks to doing this procedure that factory Toyota mechanics would know that my mechanic wouldn't ?
The plastic cover for the timeing belt on mine was missing two bolts when I bought it, that made a buzzing sound. Also a heat shield on the exhaust under the engine rusted through and the clamp was traveling up and down the pipe sounding like rusted out jingle bells. That's two things to check.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kidong : Maybe to you it is but not me .
The noise mine is making is not normal and it 's
so annoying , I doubt I could sell this Rav to any
one because the 1st thing they would say is "what's
that noise from ? "

tank : I suspect something internal , like the cover like you
mentioned .
As for the first heat shield , mine came off in my hand last summer when I was checking it for looseness :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts