Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum.
I'll be running a new wheel setup soon. I know for sure that I'll be running a 235/65R17 tire setup with either Hercules Terra Trac ATII or the Atturo Trail Blade XTs.

My question is for the rim, I also, know that I'll be running a 17's, but the question is what width could I go with? I know there are a few posts on this, but wanted a better opinion.

I was thinking either 17x7 or 17x8.

I'm fine with the wheels going pass the fender line. For instance, this is the rim that I'm looking at: 17x8 Raceline Shift 930B Black. It has a +35 offset, so would it fit? The only thing I see, that may be an issue is the brake calipers.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank you in advance! :smile

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
If the tires on larger rims extend beyond the fender line one should be prepared for having a lot of mud and road debris thrown onto the doors and sides of their RAV, and possibly more stone chips in the paint. My stock wheels even with OEM mud guards don't stop everything.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
If the tires on larger rims extend beyond the fender line one should be prepared for having a lot of mud and road debris thrown onto the doors and sides of their RAV, and possibly more stone chips in the paint. My stock wheels even with OEM mud guards don't stop everything.
My stock wheels ( 17 X 7J I think ) and tires spit mud, snow, ice past Toyota mud flaps even with the fender extensions. Not a lot, but enough to mess up my pant legs when getting out. No big deal except when going to work. I can't imagine wider could be better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts