Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
New Rav4 Hybrid Finally Arrived

My wife and I were finally able to order a 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid with all the bells and whistles several weeks ago and it just arrived at our dealer, we picked it up yesterday.

This was not an easy car to get as the steel plant explosion in Japan really slowed the production down. I swore that I would never buy a car that was in high demand as it puts the buyer at a serious disadvantage on negotiating a price. We were able to shave about 8% off MSRP and that was as good as it was going to get.

So far this is one very nice vehicle, we keep looking for reasons to drive it. Everything meets and exceeds our expectations with the possible exception of a little bit more road noise than desired. It really depends on the pavement type, not a major issue by any means.

I am looking forward to learning more about this vehicle. YouTube has some great videos on Homelink and Entune Setup, much easier that the owners manuals.
:smile

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
We picked up our new Hybrid yesterday, too! Limited trim with tech package, blizzard white. It replaces a Lexus 2008 IS 250 AWD which, although a gorgeous and comfortable car, was not terribly practical. The RAV4 promises to be far more practical and I think it's a great-looking vehicle as well.

I spent most of the day today in the car with the owners manuals. It's a computer on wheels!

Will be getting the OEM mats, cargo tray and envelope cargo net.

·
Registered
6 Posts
millsrv, I assume you have the 18 inch wheels. Could that be the reason for increased road noise? I am picking up my XLE next week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes gsmdbari, you are most likely right about the 18 inch wheels, that is what these are. With less sidewall on the tires and the special tires used on Hybrids for less rolling resistance it makes sense. It is amazing how much difference there is between the types of pavement. We live in the Sierra Foothills in CA and many of the road surfaces are roughed up by tire chains, that surface is much noisier. On nice blacktop roads there is very little noise. I always ask when buying new tires for the quietest ones available. Bridgestone and Toyo have been my favorite. These are Bridgestone but like I mentioned they are some special "ECO" Tire.

I suppose that if this were a Lexus or higher end vehicle I might be a little disappointed with the tire / road noise given how all the reviews I watched on Youtube commented about how quiet this car was.

This minor issue would not deter me from buying this vehicle again. My wife, (this is the replacement for her 2005 Camry) loves this RAV and spent several hours yesterday in the garage playing with bluetooth, and the other amazing electronics this car has. We cannot believe some of the things this car can do!

You are going to love yours!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My wife and I were finally able to order a 2016 RAV4 Limited Hybrid with all the bells and whistles several weeks ago and it just arrived at our dealer, we picked it up yesterday.

This was not an easy car to get as the steel plant explosion in Japan really slowed the production down. I swore that I would never buy a car that was in high demand as it puts the buyer at a serious disadvantage on negotiating a price. We were able to shave about 8% off MSRP and that was as good as it was going to get.

So far this is one very nice vehicle, we keep looking for reasons to drive it. Everything meets and exceeds our expectations with the possible exception of a little bit more road noise than desired. It really depends on the pavement type, not a major issue by any means.

I am looking forward to learning more about this vehicle. YouTube has some great videos on Homelink and Entune Setup, much easier that the owners manuals.
:smile
I noticed that highway noise is loud but city driving is very smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,
We purchased our Hybrid RAV4 with CP last week and all friends and family like the vehicle very much. Are you planning on buying extended warranty since RAV4 had all those built-in electronics with potential to malfunction and expensive to replace if/when needed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congratulations, we picked up our Limited Hybrid last Thursday, love it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We thought about buying the coverage but passed. We took all the information about rates and will think about it again closer to the date the Toyota Care coverage expires.

·
Registered
67 Posts
We thought about buying the coverage but passed. We took all the information about rates and will think about it again closer to the date the Toyota Care coverage expires.
I agree, and apparently you can buy it from any Toyota Dealer in the country and the price varies substantially as this is a huge money maker for the dealer. The only requirement is that your car has to still be under the 3/36K Factory Warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts