Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that hilarious "War of the Roses" RAV4 TV commercial where husband and wife practically kill each other to be the first to get to the RAV4 in the morning? You can now consider it a memory, due to some overzealous government officials and a bunch of whiney compainers who found the content "offensive"...

It's actually ironic too, because the controversy that's been generated by the complaints and banning has turned out to be "free advertising" for the new RAV with all the press and media coverage. :lol:

RAV4 ad gets the boot

May 11, 2006

The Advertising Standards Authority has upheld 17 complaints against Toyota's RAV4 advert, saying it is offensive and malicious.

The advert turned the race for the car keys into a battle of the sexes and a battle for survival. But now Saatchi and Saatchi's ad for the popular four wheel drive vehicle has been parked - permanently.

Should the RAV4 ad have been banned?

May 12, 2006

Toyota's RAV4 advertisement where a husband and wife attempt to annihilate each other in a race for the car keys has been banned by the advertising standards authority. Less than 20 people complained, but tens of thousands of New Zealanders didn't. Close Up asked should the advert have been given the boot?

R

·
0 Posts
un-FREAK-in believable!!

Some people have NO sense of humor. I shared this with my entire family, and we roared with laughter -- and my 11-year old understands that the ad was HUMOR, not encouragement for us to try to kill each other over a car!!!!

Frankly, it's the most brilliant ad I've seen in a very long, long time, and it's really sad that a few humorless blokes don't get it.....

The ad is "out there" -- hopefully, it will get a LOT of play now in homes throughout the world!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Honestly, the ad is waaaay much better than the nonsense add with the moving boxes they had here when the rav just came out :roll:

J

·
0 Posts
Jeez, doesn't anybody remember the Three Stooges? It's slapstic comedy. I remember some holy roller complained about "Married with Children" and some advertisers got scarred, well, the majority of viewers complained about the complainer and the show got sponsors with backbones. I remember the Bundy's even did a show about it - pokin fun of course. The RAV4 ad was great, beats anything on the tube now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts