Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Rav4 community. I'm contemplating purchasing my first RAV4 this year. I have a couple of questions for you enthusiasts:

1) If you bought a custom built Rav4, how much extra did the dealer charge you for a "build fee?" I’m looking to get a 5 speed with extras like leather & a sun roof.

2) I'm in SoCal & am probably going to buy through Carson Toyota's fleet department. They have great pricing & that's where I bought my MR2. Anybody know of a better dealer near by?

3) Any opinions regarding side curtain air bags? The Rav will be used for small child transportation.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have answers for 1 and 3.

I've never been to a dealer (of any sort) that charged to order a vehicle to the specs desired. If I ever come across one, I'll be out the door so fast they won't know what happened, and they sure won't ever see me again.

As for the side airbags, they make the Rav a much safer vehicle. I think in testing (not sure which agency's testing) the Rav *with* side airbags got the highest side impact rating, and the one without wasn't even close. If anyone here remembers the exact results or where to locate them, that would probably be helpful.

Becky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts