Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Wolf here :D
So I'm 26, f, nor cal. I've always been a tomboy, riding in the bed of a truck gettin muddy. Late last year I bought my 06 Rav, and now I'm ready and interested in upgrading it. I'm looking around for wheels, tires, a little lift and a **** ton of fun! If you have any advice, pointers, "hey steer clear of this company", "hey great deals here", "rad place to get her dirty!", please hit me up!

Peace out!

WOLF

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome to the RAV4 world Wolf.
- I bought 2013 4Runner alloy rims (17x7.5" takeoffs) for 3 season driving & used the stock 2008 Limited RAV4 rims (17x7") for winter approved tires / got rid of the rusty steel winter rims
- they sure have a nice 7-spoke grooved profile
- paid $800/set off Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) and only on new vehicle for 3 weeks, so practically new for 1/4 of the Toyota cost
Hope you get many-many years of enjoyment, out of your 2006.
Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
10,139 Posts
Welcome Wolf! Gotta love your love for mud! Bet you ride dirt bikes too. 50+ years experience & fun here!

Just keep in mind your '06 RAV4 isn't a mud runnin' truck. Okay mud maybe, but nothing hard or deep. If you look under the driver's seat floor you'll see a virtually unprotected bunch of plumbing hoses and parts. That's your $1100 vapor recovery system just waiting to get ripped off. Later years at least have plastic covers over (under) them. I bought one for my '06 to at least keep it from getting ruined by winter ice & slug as happened to one member. Took some fabrication to mount it but at least it now has some protection.

If you do a search for skid plates to replace the plastic engine undercover you find metal ones for sale but I've never seen a metal one for this real soft spot under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts