Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. :) I have Rav4 L 2001. her name is Aiko. :oops:
Im tryn to install amp which i got loooong time ago. its 500watt sony explod.
i was reading many threads. and i see ppl having trouble with wiring to the battery and ground. I kinda figured out how by reading all the threads.
but heres another problem... :cry:
I dont know how to get out put from the original rav 4 radio. it doesnt have those AUX out put. theres something that looks like 10pin hole, but im not too sure which plug should i buy for that. or i dont kno if that thing even works!
is everyone using aftermarket stereo? or the original ones?
need helppp! please!
thanx for ur time ppl.

Ken :wink:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
ken most of us have aftermarket radios running with our amps
you can run an amp with stock radio you need to buy an adapter to run your speaker wires into rca jacks hopes this helps

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx franco for a fast reply.
well, i guess i might just have to wait till i have enough money to buy new stereo... or else i have to take the whole door apart... :cry:
and im sure thats gonna take a while, and so much risk not to scratch my door panels.
is there any line thats not entering the door? like in between the stereo system to the speakers.
in that case, i can steal some out put and plug it to my amp in "the ghetto way" lol
i just dont want to spend too much money on stereo which i dont really care about. but since im not too happy with the stock stereo in rav4, i just want a little kick to it, thats all... lol :D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
are yuo trying to used rear speker wire to run amp . I mean it can be done . here is a picture of product you can used to due what you are trying to do.

they go for about 19.99 . you can find them a any place that sells car stereos I have a used one if you want it I give it for 10

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx again franco! :D :D :D
so, would installing that product, do i have to take out the door panel? or is there some where you can get a shortcut?
i checked the side of the drivers seat yesterday, place under the door when it is closed, i found bunch of lines taped with black electrical tape. when i checked the same place on the rear passenger seat, i found the same line again, is that for speakers? or for rear lamp units?
man... i need to get repair manual for this car lol
Ken

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI I tried this sort of setup years ago, and from what I remember you will probably get alot of feed back into the amp unless it is properly grounded.

The best thing to do is skip the hack job with the line convertor and buy an aftermarket stereo. I picked up a Kenwood Excelon x790 for $200 - it retails for $350 on Crutchfield. You can get a much cheaper stereo as well and it will usually have sub output, and possibly aux input ...

Just remember that those convertors don't always work very well and that you may have to spend more time tweaking it when you could have just done it right and upgraded your stereo for cheap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts