Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving the hybrid about 2 months now. And I think Toyota is resting on it's laurels. Where are the innovations that I thought would be included in the car. The hybrid engine has been around more than a decade. Why can't I plug it in and charge the battery overnight. Why does my friend have a 120V outlet in the dashboard of his truck, and I don't? When there's a power failure, why can't I plug into the rav4 and use it to power my house? My brother-in-law is in Miami and he could sure use this feature right now. Does Toyota read this forum, they don't seem to care what I think. The GPS is barely acceptable. I'll be buying a Garmin soon.
I love the radar cruise control and backup camera. But I wonder how much better the Tesla's is. I've owned Toyota s in the past and was always impressed in the thoughtfulness of the vehicles, I didn't do much comparison shopping.
Just thought of another cool feature that should be in the car. Link the lane alert camera and backup camera to the usb port and information screen and have a backup dash camera. Record to a thumb drive.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
And who was it that chose such an inept, outdated and under-featured vehicle? :shrug:

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
With so many choices available it appears that you selected the wrong vehicle for what you expect. Suggest that you sell it and buy what you really want.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
I've been driving the hybrid about 2 months now. And I think Toyota is resting on it's laurels. Where are the innovations that I thought would be included in the car. The hybrid engine has been around more than a decade. Why can't I plug it in and charge the battery overnight. Why does my friend have a 120V outlet in the dashboard of his truck, and I don't? When there's a power failure, why can't I plug into the rav4 and use it to power my house? My brother-in-law is in Miami and he could sure use this feature right now. Does Toyota read this forum, they don't seem to care what I think. The GPS is barely acceptable. I'll be buying a Garmin soon.
I love the radar cruise control and backup camera. But I wonder how much better the Tesla's is. I've owned Toyota s in the past and was always impressed in the thoughtfulness of the vehicles, I didn't do much comparison shopping.
Just thought of another cool feature that should be in the car. Link the lane alert camera and backup camera to the usb port and information screen and have a backup dash camera. Record to a thumb drive.

Sounds like you didn't do any research either.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
Okay, I'll take my lumps. Sometimes brain overtakes keyboard, not cool on my part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And who was it that chose such an inept, outdated and under-featured vehicle? 🤷
Is this the usual way you greet a new member, if you are a real moderator you should be ashamed of yourself. You certainly helped the trolls to chime in.

·
Super Moderator
10,204 Posts
You're reacting to a post from nearly THREE years ago? Really??
I do have a way of stopping any more supposed trolls.

Reactions: Blogson
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.