Goss' Garage: Evernham Racing
Over The Edge: One Humongous Pickup Truck
AutoWorld: We Visit with ASIMO the Robot
Long-Term Road Test Update: Hyundai Sonata, Jeep Liberty Diesel, Buick Lucerne

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Got a chuckle over there comment...
One surprise is the RAV4's very firm, most un-car-like ride. Indeed on all but the smoothest paved roads it felt sports car harsh. And we found road noise was quite intrusive. On the other hand, the RAV4's four-wheel independent suspension, with front MacPherson struts and rear double wishbones, shines on twisty roads. It's tight, agile and entertaining.
They should have compared it to the road noise in the 02 CRV I traded in for my RAV4 Limited

Looking at the picture in the link to MotorWeek it looks like they test drove a V6 Sport Model with stiffer suspension

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
JIMD4 said:
Well that Motorweek test was on already. Here is the link. I think at one point it looks like a sport and at others it is a limited even though the article picture is a Base. I say sport at one point because it seems to have 5 spoke wheels.
great link. Was the normal Motorweek glossy overview format. Still interesting to hear.

Agree with your comments. The words didn't match the model discussion in several points. They showed the 17" six spoke limited and called it the 18" wheel and showed the 18" five spoke Sport wheel and called the optional 17" wheel.

Sounded like they were searching for a negative in the article when they were taking about intrusive road noise. Toyota added a lot of sound deadening in the new RAV4. But its not a Lexus and it is not supposed to be Lexus quiet..

[/quote]

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
JIMD4 said:
Well that Motorweek test was on already. Here is the link.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-186375302754163915&q=RAV4
Nope... that link leads to show #2513 (Notice that "RAV4World" uploaded that one to google 8) ) It's only a REVIEW :roll: The one Flyingn is talking about is show #2539... an actual ROAD TEST 8) Anybody know where to find show #2539 online?

I just checked our LOCAL (Portland Oregon Market) schedule. It aired at 1:00 and 1:30 today. I missed it by about 1 hour :doh: :roll:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I watched it. It's the same review. It's not a test .. like they usually perform. I think they must have been testing a pre-production model .. the comment about road noise does not square with my experience. I'm impressed with how quiet the V6 is.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Motorweek Review

To quote the review "Standard features across all models, Base, Sport, and Limited, include tilt steering wheel, CD stereo, and rear seat DVD player"

Hmm, my high-end model (with leather, V6, and 4WD) did not come with the "standard" DVD player.

I think that the review was full of inaccuracies, which is a shame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts