Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the 2015 limited with nav and tech package. I took a great road trip in the Rav. The only frustration was the gps and the restrictive while moving limitations. I recently bought a cool phone mount and it works great in the Rav. I placed it just to the left of the radio. My phone covers the air vent when mounted but it is magnetic and easy to remove. I will be using Waze more or even Apples navigation. I have the IPhone 6 Plus and the magnetic mount works great.
The name of phone mount is in the subject line.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
How about a photo or two of this phone mount installed?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I wanted to buy this nice dash mount to install it in the same spot (the only one available for dash- mount) but desisted because I thought that using iPhone as GPS in a 45 angle wouldn’t be easy to look at while driving.
I tried the vent mount but didn’t work because the vent fins are vertical, so de grip wasn’t hard enough, the mount moved and would have eventually felt.
So, my question is: Does this 45 angle of the phone works just fine for you? No reflections in sunny days? Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went on a 2600 mile trip in a 2017 RAV4 and I found the Waze app worked the best between Rav4 navigation and Google Maps. I know Google owns Waze but the directions were still better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts