Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rav has had its first major problem, the water pump, accessory belt and some ecu issues due to the amount of power i'm making with nitrous... thank god my extended warranty is covering some of the stuff... i'll keep u guys posted when i get my car bak..

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the car is not designed to handle that much power... so... I guess you did see this coming right.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THE REAL SHORTY said:
my RAV has had its first major problem, the water pump, accessory belt and some ecu issues due to the amount of power i'm making with nitrous... thank god my extended warranty is covering some of the stuff... i'll keep u guys posted when i get my car bak..

Do you think they will honor extended warranty when they see "NOS" equipment in your car?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly Smith said:
RAV4EVR said:
Do you think they will honor extended warranty when they see "NOS" equipment in your car?
I doubt they will see any "NOS" equipment. Right Shorty :? :roll: :shock:
lol thank you kelly :).... i've been on rav4world.com for a while, from the days of the old forums, to the days when kelly shut down, to the great re-opening, i've gone through various phases in my rav, 3 different sets of rims, 3 different nitrous kits, and this is the first real issue i got with my rav.... the rav is actually a very strong contender and has handle much of what i've thrown at it.......

and btw "What nitrous equipment are you talking about?" "my rav4 is stock except for that AFTER THE CAT exhaust and rims" ..... kelly knows i'm not just gonna walk in there like an idiot... remember guys, i've work for a speed shop since i was 15, i'm a mechanic for the army and i wasnt just about to take my rav into the dealership without knowing what to expect and waht was wrong with my vehicle, and secondly i wasnt gonna take my rav in full race form thinkin that they would honor my warranty....

kelly, i kind of miss my old buddies on here, chim chim, andrew, and the others..... but i know their still around....... let me take a chance to thank you for bringing the rav4 forums back online and giving us a chance to once again mingle with other rav4 heads

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
Yeah... one of these YEARS we need to have a RAV4 Meet and invite EVERYBODY 8) We could hold it in a central location... like Texas? I retire in about 13 years. Maybe then I would have time to take on such a project :roll:

Good luck with your "warranty" repairs Shorty. Let us know how it goes. I hope the company that covers your warranty isn't reading this forum :p

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kryten said:
Kelly Smith said:
Good luck with your "warranty" repairs Shorty. Let us know how it goes. I hope the company that covers your warranty isn't reading this forum :p
Not to be a jerk, but I hope they are. If you break stuff because of mods you've done, then remove them to get warranty service you're basically stealing.
how am i stealing, i purchased an extended warranty in order to cover anything that i couldnt fix myself, how am i stealing, how many thousands of dollars have dealerships stolen from unsuspecting customers, how many dealerships have ripped off consumers, i could continue with this for hours but i will not waste my time by getting into this........

anywho, got my car back today in the mornign, they replace the water pump and put in a new accesory belt, lubed the pullies and thats pretty much it, ended up costing me $200 the warranty paid the rest.... anywho.... i already put the nitrous back on it and the rav is running as good as ever, will test it out tonight see how it runs......

anywho, i love that idea of a central meet there kelly i am down for whenever, im thinkin 13 years from now the rav4 might be retired as well.... if u decide to do something in the next 3 years im sure i will make an apperance!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Shorty's just making up for all the times people have taken their cars in for valid warranty repairs and were denied coverage based on some "technicality".

·
Registered
242 Posts
shorty

Can I get a Amen for that speech :p :p :p I got 8 to retire :wink: :wink: And don't be trying to quess my age :roll: NO wait it's 71/2...

·
Registered
34 Posts
whoah!

SHORTMEISTER!!!

My sentiments exactly... I'm still around, alive, and kickin. Nothin' new with my RAVie. Man I've been gone a while if you're squeezin already! Anyways I check here time to time, and I guess I'll be posting more often now :D Happy RAV'n!

..ChimChim

·
Registered
302 Posts
FYI...Shorty has abandoned his RAV and left it to his dad....he got a new ride....it is somewhere in this posts that he mentioned he is leaving....oh well....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts