Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Limited Model here (w/automatic climate controls).

The air keeps going out for A/C and heat (it's come back on a few times here and there intermittently at random times) but air will not blow at all on any fan speed/numeric temperature setting when it's out.

Warranty has expired.

Is anyone aware of this model having a blower motor resistor or something similar that can be replaced instead of replacing the whole blower motor?

From my research it seems often when no air comes out it can be an electrical problem where the resistor has gone bad. I'm just not sure if the limited model had a blower resistor as the parts i've found online reference manual temperature control.

Any other ideas to solve this problem are much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,096 Posts
Yes, the Climate Control system uses a continuously variable electronic speed controller not a replaceable resistor pack.
I'd suggest checking the fuses with a 12 test light when the blower isn't running and also check for power at the blower under the same conditions.

Also note that when used in automatic mode for heat the blower won't run until the engine has warmed up, a very nice feature. If blower speed is set manually via the up and down arrows the blower runs regardless of engine temperature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts