Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

481 - 500 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
they didn't talk about loosing your waranty because you did it yourself ect...? Thats basicly the only thing holding me back ( max 2weeks ) before I do it my self.
Just mailed my sales guy, he asked if I could send the file so he could update he’s own RAV4. 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
they didn't talk about loosing your waranty because you did it yourself ect...? Thats basicly the only thing holding me back ( max 2weeks ) before I do it my self.
I went to the seller last week to hear if there was any update going on for my car, I mentioned that I have seen some files on various forums that work. He contacted Toyota Sweden and told them what I had just told him. got the answer that there is no update for my car as it was manufactured before September. But then the salesman thought I should try to update myself no talk of guarantees at all

Skickat från min Pixel 3 XL via Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
The update was run in a few days, everything is perfect, the process took about 10 minutes. I am happy to enjoy the apple carplay after so much waiting. :)
We don't know yet when the update will be officially available, but I don't care anymore. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys.
Today i have talked with my dealer and find out some interesting things about this update.

For the units without navi the cost for the update is about 30€.

For the media units with navi, the mic unit has to be replaced because it will not work after the update. The cost will be around 150€.
He recomands that we check with toyota dealers, based on the media unit serial nr. to see if the mic has to be replaced.

If anyoane updates and the mic stops working, if you have to go to service and they se that you update the software on your oun, the warranty will be void.

Hope this will help everyone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So to all who has done the update on a system with NAV: please check your mic (phone call, Siri or google assistance ,voice input navigation system...) and let us know ;-).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine also works perfectly. Denso + navi, car manufactured in may 2019.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have no further problems with my mic after upgrading. People I usually talk to say that it still sounds just as bad

·
Registered
28 Posts
Panasonic with nav here and mic works perfectly I use it every day several times with "ok google" in my phone and my wife uses it with Apple Car play.

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also check today with Toyota. The seller told me that the retrofit will be available by the end of September. No idea about the price. After that, I call at service and they inform me that September 23rd, retrofit will be available. Also, no price. I told them both: I already have the files! Both they said they know about these files and inform me about loosing warranty if something go wrong. Also inform me that is possible to completely lock ( destroy) unit. Did someone heard such thing?

·
Registered
23 Posts
In Cyprus, the official Toyota dealership are as usual completely clueless. I informed them the files have leaked and I got them and to the best of their knowledge there is only an update for the Corolla available. All they keep saying is to contact them again after a few months, so hopefully they'll have it by the end of the year. I'm too much of a coward to try myself and risk bricking the unit or losing my warranty, mostly because I know I will waste an awful lot of time with them to sort it all out if anything does go wrong...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All!
I'm from Latvia with RAV4 assembled in the very beginning of 2019 and Panasonic with navi and JBL .
Can someone please point me to the working links for downloading of USB files?
The above mentioned link from Toyota is not working.
Thank You in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear All!
I'm from Latvia with RAV4 assembled in the very beginning of 2019 and Panasonic with navi and JBL .
Thank You in advance
look a little earlier in the thread, where I linked to them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dear All!
Thank You in advance
look a little earlier in the thread, where I linked to them

481 - 500 of 549 Posts