Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

521 - 540 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
does anybody has a official invitation to go to the toyta workshop and recieve the update? already half september...
In Romania, Toyota service told me end of september-beginning of october and also they talk about price: something around 240€, including new microphone (has to be changed- they said)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What will the price be in Sweden? Just heard that in Denmark they will charge 3000 DKR - which is approx 400 Euro! That is a high amount for a SW update.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I start to think that the 'mic' is the excuse to charge €€€ for the software update. Until now I have heard no news about bad working mic's from the people who have done the SW update then self. I realy would like to see the diference between the original mic and the 'new' one...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also - as the price seems a bit steep, I am seriously thinking of doing myself. Been going through the thread and having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly what to do. I have a Fujitsu without navigation. Also should all 3 USB sticks be 32GB or can it be mixed? I downloaded the files from the Italian site - are those the ones? Would I need all 3 USBs or is one enough.

Sorry for all questions :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was just informed by my local Toyota dealer here in Finland that the upgrade is officially available. Will have it installed in next service scheduled for October. They didn't mention anything about the cost. Just that it takes an hour.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So just updated my Rav4 - Fujitsu without navi. Used only USB 3 and took a total of less than 10 mins...... Awesome :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just finished the update for my 17TDTEU-CA02 unit without navigation.
I needed only the "full package" , now it's working like a charm.

Let's close this topic and open a new one "No Wireless Android Auto, No Wireless Carplay in RAV4 2019" ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Italy the official answer from toyota about the upgrade of the multimedia system installed on a RAV4 5th edition delivered on June 2019 is attached for any reference. Basically there is no chance of improvement for a system paid more than 1000 EU because of uphill technical difficulties.... New technologies are required but nobody knows if there will a chance for retrofit in a foreseeable future. I sent an email recommending a new technology based on a physical support to keep the cell phone steady and forget about the shameful toyota multimedia device. I found the answer quite offensive for every average car buyer..

Gentile Cliente,
con riferimento alla sua nota, siamo spiacenti di informarla che allo stato attuale tale opzione è disponibile solo per il MY20, mentre la possibilità di un retrofit per i modelli precedenti non è attualmente percorribile da un punto di vista tecnico. Qualora un domani la tecnologia dovesse consentire di superare il suddetto ostacolo, saremo lieti di renderlo noto.
Nel ringraziarla per l'attenzione riservata al nostro Marchio, cogliamo l'occasione per porgerle i nostri più cordiali saluti.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In Italy the official answer from toyota about the upgrade of the multimedia system installed on a RAV4 5th edition delivered on June 2019 is attached for any reference. Basically there is no chance of improvement for a system paid more than 1000 EU because of uphill technical difficulties.... New technologies are required but nobody knows if there will a chance for retrofit in a foreseeable future. I sent an email recommending a new technology based on a physical support to keep the cell phone steady and forget about the shameful toyota multimedia device. I found the answer quite offensive for every average car buyer..

Gentile Cliente,
con riferimento alla sua nota, siamo spiacenti di informarla che allo stato attuale tale opzione è disponibile solo per il MY20, mentre la possibilità di un retrofit per i modelli precedenti non è attualmente percorribile da un punto di vista tecnico. Qualora un domani la tecnologia dovesse consentire di superare il suddetto ostacolo, saremo lieti di renderlo noto.
Nel ringraziarla per l'attenzione riservata al nostro Marchio, cogliamo l'occasione per porgerle i nostri più cordiali saluti.
They're still replying with last year's template email but I know they know what's going on at Toyota Central.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve updated to audio 1257 (Apple Carplay) and yes I’ve got problems with mic, it’s hard to hear me on the other end, very quiet, I have to shout. Previous update audio 1222 solved this problem. Hope with new update they solve this problem again.
Car Aug 2019, Denso, no Nav, CO: Japan
View attachment 156510 View attachment 156511 View attachment 156512
Same problem with mic after update from 1222 to 1257... I remember that Toyota Technician use "Adjustment of Bluetooth Hands Free Sound Quality " Menu to change the parameters of mic for it.
I do not remember that value he used then.

Correction : I found the way to access the hidden menu.. start playing with mic parameters... put 2100... sounds good on other side..

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
The mic was replaced when i had the upgrade done I November last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem with mic after update from 1222 to 1257... I remember that Toyota Technician use "Adjustment of Bluetooth Hands Free Sound Quality " Menu to change the parameters of mic for it.
I do not remember that value he used then.

Correction : I found the way to access the hidden menu.. start playing with mic parameters... put 2100... sounds good on other side..
Please place here manual how to set up the mic settings

521 - 540 of 549 Posts