Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 674 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, guys, I was Today in Toyota City Zaventem and have spoken to expert in the delivery department about Carplay and Android Auto, the answer is the following:

Toyota Belgium is busy with providing an upgrade on Carplay for the RAV4 2019, Toyota Corolla 2019. So, it means that all Toyota RAV4 2019 will be upgraded by Carplay (only SW solution), no hardware intervention. Upcoming 2020 delivered, ordered should be equipped by Carplay. Unfortunately, the dealer did not provide the information about AndriodAuto.
Any info about when they will perform this upgrade?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
The Toyota dealer in Bulgaria told me that they will arrange a visit for me in January 2020 to update the multimedia system to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on my RAV4 2019.
He did not say if it involves only software or software/hardware changes.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
The Toyota dealer in Bulgaria told me that they will arrange a visit for me in January 2020 to update the multimedia system to support Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on my RAV4 2019.
He did not say if it involves only software or software/hardware changes.

I hope this helps.
Great news! My RAV4 is coming next week. January (or February) is not so far.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In Spain it is confirmed June 2020 to retrofit AA and CP in the 2019 Corolla but not in the Rav4. Cannot understand why they haven't announced together so not sure it will be available for our '19 Rav4s

Enviado desde mi SM-G965F mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Indeed, it seems that those promising the CarPlay/Android retrofit for RAV4 are not aware that software update will be only available for Corollas...

Yes, I’d like to be wrong on that one but can’t really find reliable evidence so far

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Okay, have some GOOD news regarding AA&CP on the >=2019 RAV4 in The Netherlands!

Just received a call from my dealer, stating my system will be upgraded FREE OF CHARGE to the version with AA AND CP somewhere around May / June 2020.

Reason why it takes so long: the software needs to be rewritten to retrofit the existing systems (not only RAV4, also Corolla).
Why? Because this version is written for cars WITHOUT build-in navigation, and will not run 1:1 on the these systems.

Good news, i just need to be patient now. But this will bring some clarification regarding the update! I really hope this procedure will be the same in all other countries; please let us know how it's going to be executed locally (if so). You may refer to this post...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Okay, have some GOOD news regarding AA&CP on the >=2019 RAV4 in The Netherlands!

Just received a call from my dealer, stating my system will be upgraded FREE OF CHARGE to the version with AA AND CP somewhere around May / June 2020.

Reason why it takes so long: the software needs to be rewritten to retrofit the excisting systems (not only RAV4, also Corolla).
Why? Because this version is written for cars WITHOUT build-in navigation, and will not run 1:1 on the these systems.

Good news, i just need to be patient now. But this will bring some clarification regarding the update! I really hope this procedure will be the same in all other countries; please let us know how it's going to be executed locally (if so). You may refer to this post...
That indeed is promising. But are you saying that it would have been easier if we had cars without navigation?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey!

I've been following for this post for quite a while now and altough I don't own RAV4, I own Corolla TS which has all the bells and whistles including the Touch and Go 2. I also kept in touch with Estonian dealership since we took the delivery in July and I also received info last week that the update will be available in June, but it will cost 49 EUR and will take about 2 hours to update.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Like seconds ago I just got confirmation that beginning from the new year all new cars come with Apple Carplay and update will be available sometime in June 2020.
can you clearify who and how have uou got the confirmation from? also what country are you in? thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great news! My RAV4 is coming next week. January (or February) is not so far.
Have fun travelling to Bulgaria ;) ... have u asked your local dealership for more information? For instance, in Belgium, they said ... "yes the system is going to be updated just by software intervention, it should support CarPlay only, no Android Auto", but when is going to happen... God knows ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any clues, which european RAV 4.5 models are planned to receive AA/AC update? All (from the beginning of life), or model year 2020 (manufactured from September 2019) only?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
25 Posts
From Toyota dealership in Estonia. :)
yes but did you get it specifically for RAV4 or Corolla because that seems to be a difference?

my dealer in Hungary said it is available for Corollas as software upgrade but he has no news on RAV retrofit whatsoever.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not specifically, sorry. To me both systems look identical, but mine is 07/2019 so not sure wether there has been any hardware changes. He did confirm it’s just software update.

81 - 100 of 674 Posts