Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Still, two completely different countries, with other car trims and policies. And: >10K price difference! So no, not the best assumption that the Toyotas are the same ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still, two completely different countries, with other car trims and policies. And: >10K price difference! So no, not the best assumption that the Toyotas are the same ;)
indeed annoying all these differences, yet it feels European Toyota’s are most likely the same. Produced in Japan, all shipped without CA/AA on our continent.

French Toyota confirmed today new 2020 lineup to feature both systems but they offer no info on retrofit.

2 scenarios:

optimistic: perhaps Toyota wants to raise their sales of the new models 2020 and uses CA/AA as a leverage vs 2019 versions still available.
Once 2019 out of stock and production and leverage absorbed, they can give it to us. Perhaps mid year as your Dutch dealer suggests.

pessimistic: they won’t care anymore about 2019 and your dealer is simply providing false hopes based on no other evidence.

I’d love it to be optimistic. But where does the truth lie?

·
Registered
16 Posts
indeed annoying all these differences, yet it feels European Toyota’s are most likely the same. Produced in Japan, all shipped without CA/AA on our continent.

French Toyota confirmed today new 2020 lineup to feature both systems but they offer no info on retrofit.

2 scenarios:

optimistic: perhaps Toyota wants to raise their sales of the new models 2020 and uses CA/AA as a leverage vs 2019 versions still available.
Once 2019 out of stock and production and leverage absorbed, they can give it to us. Perhaps mid year as your Dutch dealer suggests.

pessimistic: they won’t care anymore about 2019 and your dealer is simply providing false hopes based on no other evidence.

I'm quite pessimistic and the main fact to be is that if has already being announced that all 2019 Corolla's will be able to retrofit why hasn't being done in the ravs at the same time?
Lexus did announce it a but before for all models at the same time!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts

2 scenarios:

I'm realistic and think that if they can avoid to do something (especially for free) they will try not to do it. The only hope would be if they are under pressure, which I don't see.
As far as I know, they're also not talking about upgrades for the 2019 model in the US, where they sell more than 40K RAV4 every month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hy, I am from Est Europe - Romania.
I receved my car 5 days ago and already got Android Auto, but the big disappointment is that it is useless, in the sens that i needet to use Google Maps or Waze Maps. Atlest whit samsung phones (i have a Galaxy S8 and a S7 edge - non of them works) the car peering whit them only by samsung carplay application, and samsung alredy announced that app do not support waze and other apps (like google maps). I have try a few other apps with no success.
Anybody else have a solution yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hy, I am from Est Europe - Romania.
I receved my car 5 days ago and already got Android Auto, but the big disappointment is that it is useless, in the sens that i needet to use Google Maps or Waze Maps. Atlest whit samsung phones (i have a Galaxy S8 and a S7 edge - non of them works) the car peering whit them only by samsung carplay application, and samsung alredy announced that app do not support waze and other apps (like google maps). I have try a few other apps with no success.
Anybody else have a solution yet?
You dont have Android Auto, you are using mirrorlink... Its another system of comunication.

·
Registered
408 Posts
As far as I know, they're also not talking about upgrades for the 2019 model in the US, where they sell more than 40K RAV4 every month.
In the US they have complete different hard- and software... Entune is very specific for over there. Australia has similar systems with ours, and they will receive the upgrade starting just around today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone inquired somewhere about some partizan ways of installing Android Auto into the Rav4 multimedia system?
Somebody posted this on another forum. Not sure how well it works. It's a wireless Apple CarPlay adapter but also adds "Wired" Android Auto functionality. Anybody want to be a test subject?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Somebody posted this on another forum. Not sure how well it works. It's a wireless Apple CarPlay adapter but also adds "Wired" Android Auto functionality. Anybody want to be a test subject?

That looks interesting, but the $159US price tag is a bit steep. Is this the only thing in the market or are there cheaper alternatives?

·
Registered
42 Posts

If you read through the page there at the end is states:

All vehicles must be equipped with the factory CarPlay

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
When you car will be updated tomorrow, pls tell us if is only a software update or they change something. Thanks!
I’m on my way to drop off the car for the update.
will report back this afternoon.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've created another thread about the Carplay2air product that was mentioned in this thread (so that this thread doesn't get derailed).

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Had the Apple Carplay/Android Auto installed today
The changes are BezelMap Lamp and Microphone Assy replaced (old microphone not compatible with Siri)
2 software updates One for the navigation software (40 minutes)
The other one for Carplay/Android Auto (40 minutes)
Have got picture off Bezel before and after.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have my car booked in on the 14-11-19 for the upgrade.
When you car will be updated tomorrow, pls tell us if is only a software update or they change something.
Had the Apple Carplay/Android Auto installed today
The changes are BezelMap Lamp and Microphone Assy replaced (old microphone not compatible with Siri)
2 software updates One for the navigation software (40 minutes)
The other one for Carplay/Android Auto (40 minutes)
Have got picture off Bezel before and after.
Thanks for the info!!!

Can you upload that photos? and put if u can photos about the new system.

Enjoy it while we wait here if they update or not our systems

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new on this forum. I am currently in the process of buying a Rav4 Hybrid in the Netherlands. Personally I'm not impressed about the standard nav system in the RAV4, however nowadays all manufacturers offer Android Auto or Apple Carplay to use google maps / waze in the car....but...not Toyota.

I just received a message from the dealer, that both Android Auto and Apple Carplay are not active in Europe.... Does anyone know more about this? Any plans. To my understanding it should be just a software update...

If I read this forum Apple Carplay is possible in the RAV4 in the states.... What I also heard is that the new Aygo will have both Android Auto and Apple Carplay activated....

121 - 140 of 170 Posts