Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new on this forum. I am currently in the process of buying a Rav4 Hybrid in the Netherlands. Personally I'm not impressed about the standard nav system in the RAV4, however nowadays all manufacturers offer Android Auto or Apple Carplay to use google maps / waze in the car....but...not Toyota.

I just received a message from the dealer, that both Android Auto and Apple Carplay are not active in Europe.... Does anyone know more about this? Any plans. To my understanding it should be just a software update...

If I read this forum Apple Carplay is possible in the RAV4 in the states.... What I also heard is that the new Aygo will have both Android Auto and Apple Carplay activated....
The same problem in Italy. it's strange that a super car like Rav 4 Hybrid, does not have the tools to connect an android phone to the car system. can it be solved in some way?
Thanks. Zeev

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the US they have complete different hard- and software... Entune is very specific for over there. Australia has similar systems with ours, and they will receive the upgrade starting just around today.
I know but my point was about how you convince Toyota (any other manufacturer) to do something like this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had the Apple Carplay/Android Auto installed today
The changes are BezelMap Lamp and Microphone Assy replaced (old microphone not compatible with Siri)
2 software updates One for the navigation software (40 minutes)
The other one for Carplay/Android Auto (40 minutes)
Have got picture off Bezel before and after.
Question: Is your car Japan built or US ??? Do you know the manufacturer of the stereo unit???
Thanks Stefan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the Apple Carplay/Android Auto installed today
The changes are BezelMap Lamp and Microphone Assy replaced (old microphone not compatible with Siri)
2 software updates One for the navigation software (40 minutes)
The other one for Carplay/Android Auto (40 minutes)
Have got picture off Bezel before and after.
Can you please post software version pre and post update with MEU and DCU Id codes ?

Inviato dal mio Mi A3 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have wrote to Toyota Support and this is the anser that they have given to me:

Dear Mr. Bogdan,

Thank you for taking time to contact Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry regarding the inclusion of Android Auto® in our vehicles.

While Toyota strives to innovate and look for ways to include new technology in our vehicles, Toyota has not announced an Android Auto® retrofit strategy at this time. We certainly appreciate your inquiry and interest. You can sign up for the latest updates with our RSS Feeds and/or receive email alerts when new information is posted in the Toyota USA Newsroom.

Sow, I do not now if I show hope to an update here in Romania.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have wrote to Toyota Support and this is the anser that they have given to me:

Dear Mr. Bogdan,

Thank you for taking time to contact Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. and we appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry regarding the inclusion of Android Auto in our vehicles.

While Toyota strives to innovate and look for ways to include new technology in our vehicles, Toyota has not announced an Android Auto retrofit strategy at this time. We certainly appreciate your inquiry and interest. You can sign up for the latest updates with our RSS Feeds and/or receive email alerts when new information is posted in the Toyota USA Newsroom.

Sow, I do not now if I show hope to an update here in Romania.
I think you wrote to Toyota USA and they use a diferent multimedia system. You need to write to Toyota Romania and/or Toyota Europe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, been following the Rav4.5 threads, some great information and comments.
Just been confirmed here in the UK that the 2019 Rav 4.5 will be upgraded with Apple Car play and Android Auto in May 2020.
This is from "Devon Aygo" over on Toyotaownersclub.com as follows.

Toyota UK have announced details of the programme to allow the upgrade of existing MM17 Audio units in 2019 Corolla & 2019 Rav4.
A retro fit kit will be available via your local Toyota dealer starting May 2020 and will available to install on all 2019 Corolla Grades and 2019 Rav4 with the exception of the ICON grade, there is no solution available for 2019 Rav4 Icon, 2019 Prius nor 2019 Camry.
Upgrade will cost £120 for Corolla & £150 for Rav4 there will be a reduced cost offer for upgrades completed along with routine servicing price TBC exact details of logistics and technical processes will be given to dealers at the end of Q1 2020.
Toyota have asked dealers to inform owners of both models of the upcoming availability.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Here In Australia it is a free upgrade for the 2019 RAV4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
From reading other posts here, it seems that you have a different head unit to Europe. Perhaps there is more involved hardware replacement here.
It would be great if ours was free but just to have it confirmed that it can even be done on UK models is a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, been following the Rav4.5 threads, some great information and comments.
Just been confirmed here in the UK that the 2019 Rav 4.5 will be upgraded with Apple Car play and Android Auto in May 2020.

Toyota UK have announced details of the programme to allow the upgrade of existing MM17 Audio units in 2019 Corolla & 2019 Rav4.
A retro fit kit will be available via your local Toyota dealer starting May 2020 and will available to install on all 2019 Corolla Grades and 2019 Rav4 with the exception of the ICON grade, there is no solution available for 2019 Rav4 Icon, 2019 Prius nor 2019 Camry.
Upgrade will cost £120 for Corolla & £150 for Rav4 there will be a reduced cost offer for upgrades completed along with routine servicing price TBC exact details of logistics and technical processes will be given to dealers at the end of Q1 2020.
Toyota have asked dealers to inform owners of both models of the upcoming availability.
thanks for the info..Hopefully the rest of the countries in Europe will follow Toyota UK..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here, in Spain, the internal bulletin says that all new RAV4 come with AA and CP and old cars, are still working on the retrofit. They think that in Q1 2020 will give us "news"

·
Registered
413 Posts
As already stated the upgrade for the RAV4.5 (and probably the Corolla as well) in The Netherlands will also be available from May 2020, and FREE OF CHARGE!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Okay, does anyone know what the ICON grade stands for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it's just a basic trim level. Naming of trim levels is different in each country. Eg, British Icon grade seems to correspond more or less with "Active" grade (the lowest trim available) in Poland, where I live.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

141 - 160 of 185 Posts