Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, it's just a basic trim level. Naming of trim levels is different in each country. Eg, British Icon grade seems to correspond more or less with "Active" grade (the lowest trim available) in Poland, where I live.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka
agree..in Spain there are 4 trim levels plus a 5th one called "Bussiness" orientated to company cars, rentals etx
Maybe it is that 5th trim level not included...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just found a review online written by a Dutch Rav4 2019 owner who had a call from his car dealer who told him a couple of weeks ago that they are going to retrofit hard and software starting spring 2020 in the Netherland. CarPlay is supported, Android was not sure yet.

Het zo bekritiseerde Toyota Multimedia Navigatie Systeem van Panasonic wordt niet meer gevuld met de Toyota e-Store apps, het duurt te lang en is niet betrouwbaar genoeg, ook niet meer van deze tijd......nu komt het:

Mijn Toyota dealer heeft mij afgelopen maandag persoonlijk gebeld om mij mee te delen dat Toyota Motors Europe besloten heeft alle RAV4 met terugwerkende kracht per 2020 sowieso met Apple Carplay te voorzien (Android Auto is nog niet zeker), een retrofitkit hard-en software is inmiddels in testfase en zal op alle auto's ingebouwd worden vanaf voorjaar 2020.

De RAV4 heeft bij dezen vanaf 1 januari 2020 een modern multimedia navigatiesysteem, geen gezeur meer in de autoprogrammas, de concurrentie heeft niks beters, punt.

Translation:

The so-called Toyota Multimedia Navigation System from Panasonic is no longer filled with the Toyota e-Store apps, it takes too long and is not reliable enough, also not of this time ...... now it comes:

My Toyota dealer called me personally last Monday to inform me that Toyota Motors Europe has decided to provide all RAV4 with retroactive effect by 2020 with Apple Carplay (Android Car is not yet certain), a retrofit hardware and software is now in test phase and will be installed on all cars from spring 2020.

From 1 January 2020, the RAV4 has a modern multimedia navigation system, no more hassle in the car programs, the competition has nothing better, period.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My Toyota dealer called me personally last Monday to inform me that Toyota Motors Europe has decided to provide all RAV4 with retroactive effect by 2020 with Apple Carplay (Android Car is not yet certain), a retrofit hardware and software is now in test phase and will be installed on all cars from spring 2020.

From 1 January 2020, the RAV4 has a modern multimedia navigation system, no more hassle in the car programs, the competition has nothing better, period.
I second that. My dealer has the same story!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wouldn't count on it because of the different hardware. But you can never know... Let's just hope for the best.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just found a review online written by a Dutch Rav4 2019 owner who had a call from his car dealer who told him a couple of weeks ago that they are going to retrofit hard and software starting spring 2020 in the Netherland. CarPlay is supported, Android was not sure yet.

Het zo bekritiseerde Toyota Multimedia Navigatie Systeem van Panasonic wordt niet meer gevuld met de Toyota e-Store apps, het duurt te lang en is niet betrouwbaar genoeg, ook niet meer van deze tijd......nu komt het:

Mijn Toyota dealer heeft mij afgelopen maandag persoonlijk gebeld om mij mee te delen dat Toyota Motors Europe besloten heeft alle RAV4 met terugwerkende kracht per 2020 sowieso met Apple Carplay te voorzien (Android Auto is nog niet zeker), een retrofitkit hard-en software is inmiddels in testfase en zal op alle auto's ingebouwd worden vanaf voorjaar 2020.

De RAV4 heeft bij dezen vanaf 1 januari 2020 een modern multimedia navigatiesysteem, geen gezeur meer in de autoprogrammas, de concurrentie heeft niks beters, punt.

Translation:

The so-called Toyota Multimedia Navigation System from Panasonic is no longer filled with the Toyota e-Store apps, it takes too long and is not reliable enough, also not of this time ...... now it comes:

Huh? You're saying that they're changing out hardware too? That's crazy talk, never heard of such a thing before!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Huh? You're saying that they're changing out hardware too? That's crazy talk, never heard of such a thing before!
Why would this be crazy talk? It happend in the past so why would it not happen now? The more I brouwse tru this forum the more I learn that the EU Rav4 is way more different than the US in terms of equipment and service. Maybe thats why the euro buyer pay's way more for there RAV4's than the US does...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why would this be crazy talk? It happend in the past so why would it not happen now? The more I brouwse tru this forum the more I learn that the EU Rav4 is way more different than the US in terms of equipment and service. Maybe thats why the euro buyer pay's way more for there RAV4's than the US does...
All about taxes... Around 40% !!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
News from Finland. Toyota Finland confirmed to me that the upgrade in some form will be available in 2020. They won't confirm exact time yet and it may not be before summer 2020. Current specifications from Toyota indicate that upgrade will be possible only to the units with factory built-in navigation system. Public announcement coming in Q1 2020. I referred my friends here from the UK and the Netherlands and Toyota Finland was also aware that this same upgrade is (at least) for those mentioned countries as well. No specifics (software/hardware) requirements or price mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. Information from Sweden. My lokal dealer told my just now that cars made before october 2019 cant get the upgrade for apple carplay:mad:, the issue is that the hardvare is too "weak". So it means that cars made from october hava a new hardvare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. Information from Sweden. My lokal dealer told my just now that cars made before october 2019 cant get the upgrade for apple carplay:mad:, the issue is that the hardvare is too "weak". So it means that cars made from october hava a new hardvare.
That cars, from Nov/Dec and are made with AA and CP as default.... maybe your dealer hasn't got idea...

161 - 180 of 185 Posts