Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I just got off the phone with Westin and there aren't even plans on the drawing board to make a "Bull Bar" for the 2006 RAV4.

What's that all about?

If anyone can direct me to a place where I can purchase a Bullbar for the front and nerf bars for the sides I would be grateful.

I just got a 2006 Blizzard Pearl White RAV4 V6 Rocket fully loaded minus the 3rd row seat. Me and the wife wanted the 3rd row but after seeing the 3rd row.......we opted for without one.

And now its off to find me some rims...

M

·
0 Posts
just curious...do you really plan on driving that RAV in the vicinity of wildlife that poses a threat or is this just a looks/style thing? I've been seeing quite a few trucks around with what I think you're describing and am wondering about the purpose..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purely for style. I seen a nice Bull Bar that just comes up over the bumper on a few small SUV's and I really it looked. I am adding some chrome rims and I wanted to compliment them by the bull bar up front and the step bars along the side.

Call it my midlife crisis.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Toyota is planning to release their side steps this May. I suspect that other aftermarket makers will take a little longer to get on the market.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nevermind that, was itme or did anyone else notice the picture of the voice-activated sat navigation system?

maybe I should hold up on my nav purchase.

M

·
0 Posts
Grav said:
Call it my midlife crisis.
hahaha...fair enough. That "nudge bar" doesn't look too bad. There's a lot of cool stuff on that link.. I like that the "bonnet" cover is clear w/ the rav4 logo instead of a dark black color..nice. Those 17' rims are pretty cool too. Wonder if its possible to get this stuff shipped to the U.S.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've also been looking for a bull bar for my 2006.
I just spoke to someone from romik (www.romik-usa.com). They will be coming out with a bull bar for the 2006 RAV4 within the next three weeks.
It will be available in both Black and Stainless. :D

R

·
0 Posts
You can always find somebody willing to sell you something from overseas. The cheapest way to go is find them on the internet and order direct. It's an even sweeter deal when the exchange rate is favorable. I've bought a ton of Märklin train stuff chocolate from Germany that way.

I've always admired those bull bars down under. The RAV4OZ guys all had them on their rigs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Romik Bull Bars are not what they appear.

WARNING!!!

The bar pictured on the Romik site (3 inch bull bar) 21719411.
http://www.romik-usa.com/web-content/pages/toyota_rav4.html

Does NOT look anything like that

It looks more like the following

I spoke to several representatives at Romik and they comfirmed this.

Here is a quote from an email inquiry I made:

"21719411 is the 3 inch bull bar. The image on the Romik website is a close representation, although it may be a pre-production sample..."

The problem with aftermarket bull bars are that they are now being manufactured in china which means they may not look the same as they once did.

Most sites dont even show you the actual bars as they themselves dont know what they look like.

For me, this has been a real nightmare, when trying to get the exact look you desire for your SUV.

This is just blatant false advertisement if you ask me.
I ordered the bars from trucknsuv.com and armordeck.com and they were two different bars for the same part number! :shock:

The photos are digitized for the most part.

The Romik site from Spain also has a bar I would consider, but they cannot garantee that I will get that look either.

http://romik.com/romik.htm

·
Registered
227 Posts
Re: Romik Bull Bars are not what they appear.

Ah the joys of dealing with Romik.
From purchasing a bullbar from them, I know first-hand of their onging supplier issues.
I agree that If Romik has a new supplier then they should update their photograph.
Back in April 2006, the 2006 RAV4 picture they displayed showed a bullbar with an attached skidplate.

I can't tell you what they are currently shipping for the RAV4, but back in July 2006 this is the bullbar I received from Romik

/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=3756

Which I agree doesn't look similar to the bar pictured on the Romik site. However, it is well constructed, bolted right onto the RAV4 (the installation took 20 minutes) and has stood up well over the past New England winter.

Have you spoken with Ellen or John at RomikUSA? Can they send you an actual picture of that they are currently shipping before you order?

·
Registered
13 Posts
bullbar that fits

i appreciate your post since i'm currently looking for a bullbar. but one that fits right on an 06 rav4, which is hard. the pic displayed looks like a perfect fit, but as you stated caveat emptor (buyer beware). my question is do you know if they rectified their shipping issues? if not where can i get a reasonably priced bullbar that fits right

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought that bull bar from Ebay and was expecting the same and it wasn't. Initially I was upset because I was anticipating the 3 inch Romik.

However I have been getting comments like mad over the one that I did receive. I mounted PIAA P1 Multi Function lights on them and they look uber.

I will have to take some pics and post them but I am afraid you guys will mimic my ride....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Grav, post the pics of your bull bar.

As for returning the bull bar, this is another nightmare.
Its been a month now.

I bought the bar initially from a seller on ebay.
Then we have been working together to try to find a similiar bull bar which looks like the photos.

I want a bar that wraps around the curves in the bumper like the photo.

This is the look that I am trying to go after.

But if anything, I may have to take the same bar that dbcassidy has.

I like the aussey nudge bar. However ordering one is @ $625.00 US
$1 US = $1.225 AUD

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No worries, I charged my camera and will take some shots today and post them when I return tonight.

None of the photos look like the bull bar I received. I did not want a bull bar to block the front grill on my limited. I wanted the top of the bar to be right at or below the grill and that's exactly what I got.

I would have been happier if it would have matched the phot of the Romik but I have no regrests.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TRDaholic, your Rav4 looks like its ready for anything.

I may have to go with the Romik bar.
Picking it up again tomorrow.

I dont want to spend $700 for a bull bar.

I like the skid plate option. Maybe I will ask them for it since it looks so different....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, just wondering how hard it is to put in the bar, cos i'm going to order one of those deluxe nudge bar in Aussie, have been thnking whether I should pay extra to ask people to fit in for me, any special tool required? thanks all!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts