Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting an CAI for my 2006 rav4 limited 4 cyl but can't seem to find anything that will fit my model car, any recommendations or is there nothing for this year? thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Someone on YouTube used the intake from a 2011-2016 scion tc and it worked. Placement is the same. You can look it up on YouTube under rav4 intake. His is an 2011 rav4.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Had nothing but issues with a short ram one. Cone filter behind the battery. Funky idle, maf codes, lean codes etc. Sprayed it all down looking for vacuum leaks and found none.
Air intake Temps were 40-50 degrees hotter too.
It bogged bad on full throttle.

Reinstalled the stock duct, Installed a spectre filter in the stock air box, cut out the baffle in the air box, removed the 2 resonators and now it has a nice throaty sound. Feels a little more responsive now too. Might be placebo after the hot air intake. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Had nothing but issues with a short ram one. Cone filter behind the battery. Funky idle, maf codes, lean codes etc. Sprayed it all down looking for vacuum leaks and found none.
Air intake Temps were 40-50 degrees hotter too.
It bogged bad on full throttle.

Reinstalled the stock duct, Installed a spectre filter in the stock air box, cut out the baffle in the air box, removed the 2 resonators and now it has a nice throaty sound. Feels a little more responsive now too. Might be placebo after the hot air intake. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The factory air filter housing brings in cold air but a cone filter draws in hot air from the engine which does not help performance. Lots of those intake setup causes many problems for sure. Using a less restrictive cheap factory style filter can give more air flow as an alternative but you get more dirt passing through. But if you wanted to go fast in the first place then the V6 would have been the better choice because you get 100 HP more then the 4 banger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The factory air filter housing brings in cold air but a cone filter draws in hot air from the engine which does not help performance. Lots of those intake setup causes many problems for sure. Using a less restrictive cheap factory style filter can give more air flow as an alternative but you get more dirt passing through. But if you wanted to go fast in the first place then the V6 would have been the better choice because you get 100 HP more then the 4 banger.
i guess the only options would be head/exhaust mods then?

·
Super Moderator
10,992 Posts
You should be more concerned with oil usage with that 2.4l than intake sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts