Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please let me know if anyone has had a similar problem and found a solution:

I'm a recent owner of a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited trim. I've noticed on my evening drives that there are no illuminating lights on any of the hard buttons (steering wheel, ac control, buttons around infotainment screen). Is this something that can be switched on and off? If yes, does anyone know where the controls are? I've rented an XLE gas model in Arizona and even that car had illuminating lights.

The closest thing I found is the instrument panel control wheel above the gas tank lever but that only changes the brightness of the instrument panel.

I live in Toronto, Canada. Any help would be great!

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Try to use the advanced search top right under the 3dots.
There are several discussions about the topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#me_two, thanks for your help but I've done some searching already and seems like the answers I'm getting are misleading. Some people say it's not available, some people say they are for limited models. I've looked at youtube videos and they all have illuminating lights. If this feature is included, I'm not sure where it can be found. The dealership already said bring it in to see what's going on. I'm trying to avoid going if I can find the solution here.

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
Please let me know if anyone has had a similar problem and found a solution:

I'm a recent owner of a 2019 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited trim. I've noticed on my evening drives that there are no illuminating lights on any of the hard buttons (steering wheel, ac control, buttons around infotainment screen). Is this something that can be switched on and off? If yes, does anyone know where the controls are? I've rented an XLE gas model in Arizona and even that car had illuminating lights.

The closest thing I found is the instrument panel control wheel above the gas tank lever but that only changes the brightness of the instrument panel.

I live in Toronto, Canada. Any help would be great!
I think light in these backlit buttons only come on when the vehicle headlights are on. Have you tried that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts