Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

No mention of 2006 RAV4 on MSN 2006 models

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  RAV4EVR 
G
#1 ·
"The car company that launched the first mass-produced hybrid—the Prius (first launched in Japan)— comes to market later this year with its second hybrid offering. The Highlander Hybrid is a midsize SUV and will be the world’s first seven-passenger vehicle with a gas-electric hybrid powertrain. Utilizing the latest version of Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive, the Highlander Hybrid combines a 3.3-liter V6 with a high-output electric motor driving the front wheels. In four-wheel-drive versions, an additional electric motor provides power to the rear wheels. Total output on the 4WD Highlander Hybrid is 268 horsepower, which is good enough to get this SUV to 60 mph in just over 7 seconds. Fuel economy for the 4WD is rated at 31 mpg in the city; the 2WD is rated at 33 mpg in the city. Toyota has also announced that its bestselling Camry will be built with a hybrid powertrain starting in late 2006. A complete redesign of the Camry is expected for the 2006 model year; however, details have not been released yet. "

CAMRY? I thought Camry wasn't coming out till 2007 and the RAV was the one coming out in 2006. I think they made a mistake.

#2 ·
2007 Camry

Inside Line 6/23
The next-generation Camry will be all-new from the ground up.
this Camry will have a more distinctive shape than the slab-sided design of the current model. With Toyota's newfound emphasis on more dramatic designs, expect to see a more stylish interior as well. Already one of the bigger sedans in its segment, the 2007 Camry may be even longer than the current model.

In addition to the usual four- and six-cylinder power plants, this will be the first generation of the Camry to offer a hybrid drivetrain. Like the RX 400h, the Camry Hybrid will most likely combine electric motors with a gas V6 to deliver even better performance than the standard six-cylinder. The Camry Hybrid will be built in Georgetown, Kentucky, making it the first Toyota hybrid to be built in the United States.

Non-hybrid models will most likely get slightly improved versions of the current engines, so expect a base four-cylinder with roughly 170 to 180 horsepower. Higher-line V6 models should fall in the 250-260-hp range, enough to keep it competitive without pushing too close to the 280-hp Avalon.

Look for a possible debut at the Tokyo Motor Show in October, with sales beginning in the U.S. next year.

G
#4 ·
Re: elec

postman said:
With all this new electric stuff coming out :lol: I feel that I better hold off on buying a new RAV :lol: I'd much rather get 30plus MPG...In the city :lol:
Postman... I agree.
I am waiting on the new RAV, if I don't like then I will just replace my Corolla with the new one......... then one side of me also wants to wait to see the new Camry (only if I can get a stick in it.)....
so many choices............. and such a short life !!!!!!!!!!!!!

G
#6 ·
Re: Electric

postman said:
LOve my RAV 8) But would likr better MPG and Range..If not RAV...I guess Matrix 4WD...But I read that MPG is not that great with it :evil: Guess we can wait and see :roll: :roll: Corolla sport is cooLLLLLLLL.But I love AWD now :lol: :lol:
Postman.. RAV4 is the best fuel economy u r going to get. Mine is a 2001 and it has a 2.0, the later models got 2.4, giving away more fuel economy...

If you are like me, do what I have done.. Keep a Corolla for most/daily tasks and "RAV4" for special tasks !!!

I have a love/hate relationship with the 4Runner. I LOVE it. I adore it... I want it.. I have owned it.. but I can't have it and I don't have it and will not have it ( I think :) ).................... thanks to 17mpg.... problem is that the stick shift 4runners will soon disappear and i won't have one.. MAY BE I will buy one just to park and look at.. a STICK SHIFT!!! and drive it 20 years later when no SUV or car will have a manual transmission.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.