Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I don't know much about cars so I apologize up front if I don't describe my situation very well.

My 2007 rav4 battery drained about 3 days ago I had left the lights on. Today I finally had a buddy come jump my car. It started up just fine. After about 2 mins of running I noticed the check engine, vsc lights were on and my car was idling from like 800-1500 rpm for no reason.

Also when I press the gas in any gear, park, neutral, reverse or any drive gear nothing happens. anyone know what the problem is?? I've never had any issues ever before the car has ran great since this battery issue

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,571 Posts
I'll bet your buddy reversed the polarity on the jumper cables and blew a fuse or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, fixed the problem my ETCS fuse was blowin put a new one in and car runs great again. Within about 1 hour all my warning lights went away too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 RAV4 gas pedal no response

Thanks for great people here for sharing information, today I fixed the same problem by just replacement the ETCS fuse. My RAV4 can run now.

·
Super Moderator
9,754 Posts
Search works!

edavid4, I'm impressed. You actually used the search feature to find and fix your problem. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update, fixed the problem my ETCS fuse was blowin put a new one in and car runs great again. Within about 1 hour all my warning lights went away too.
My parents rav4 got boosted with reverse polarity and they had same issue with no power on throttle, looked at ETCS fuse and voila problem solved. All dashboard lights cleared once he got stuck in snow at shed and made car spin to get out. Thanks to this post problem got resolved at zero cost!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll bet your buddy reversed the polarity on the jumper cables and blew a fuse or two.
If he reversed polarity, he would have blown more than a fuse or two :ROFLMAO:

Next time your battery is low, just use the jump car to charge the battery and make sure the negative is connected to a ground point, not the negative terminal of the battery. After charging a while, remove the jumpers and start the car.

In a pinch, you can "jump" the car but turn the engine of the jumping car off. This will avoid unwanted power surges that may blow your fuses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts