Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: I just found out today after my salesperson went to an information session from Toyota Canada, that there will not be any trailer hitch included with the V6 models in Canada as previously discussed.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
backtolife said:
:cry: I just found out today after my salesperson went to an information session from Toyota Canada, that there will not be any trailer hitch included with the V6 models in Canada as previously discussed.
I noticed that last week... I contacted Toyota Canada about this... and she had no idea of well anything. Anyways looks like they changed there minds! Originally I could of sworn that I read V6 models included the hitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
That's funny. In Toyota Canada's "price your Toyota" section the towing hitch is only available as an accessory with the 4cyl. Since it isn't available as an accessory with the 6cyl, I can only assume that it is standard equipment (with the 6cyl). It doesn't appear anywhere on the features list. I guess we'll find out when the first 6cyl hits Canadian soil.

Also, a salesperson at a local dealer informed me that all model RAVs in Canada have been prewired to accomodate the installation of the electrochromic mirror with compass. Again, I'll believe that when I see the first RAV with side air bags with the mirror installed.

Patiently waiting.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Petla said:
That's funny. In Toyota Canada's "price your Toyota" section the towing hitch is only available as an accessory with the 4cyl. Since it isn't available as an accessory with the 6cyl, I can only assume that it is standard equipment (with the 6cyl). It doesn't appear anywhere on the features list. I guess we'll find out when the first 6cyl hits Canadian soil.

Also, a salesperson at a local dealer informed me that all model RAVs in Canada have been prewired to accomodate the installation of the electrochromic mirror with compass. Again, I'll believe that when I see the first RAV with side air bags with the mirror installed.

Patiently waiting.
Actually I noticed this because it's on the accessory section now. They recently updated it. I think they made an error because it says 500lbs towing v6. Anyways The price is over $700cdn :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Actually I noticed this because it's on the accessory section now. They recently updated it. I think they made an error because it says 500lbs towing v6. Anyways The price is over $700cdn :(
I am a bit disappointed that I will have to buy a hitch separately but I can't say that I am surprised. I just hope that all of the V6 models have the tow prep package which includes a transmission cooler, larger radiator, upgraded fan coupling, upgraded to 150A alternator, and trailer prewiring. I think that they are included because the V6 towing capacity is listed as 3500# in the Canadian brochure. In the US, the V6 towing capacity is 2000# normally but is 3500# with the tow prep package.
Now that you made me look at the new accessory list, I also noticed that they also added:

- Ash tray & lighter $99
- DVD System - w/moonroof $1766
- DVD System w/o moonroof $1799
- Electrochromatic mirror with compass non-moonroof $248.20
- Electrochromatic mirror with compass with moonroof $248.20
- Secuirity System (Reqires factory keyless entry) $294.80
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harold said:
Actually I noticed this because it's on the accessory section now. They recently updated it. I think they made an error because it says 500lbs towing v6. Anyways The price is over $700cdn :(
I am a bit disappointed that I will have to buy a hitch separately but I can't say that I am surprised. I just hope that all of the V6 models have the tow prep package which includes a transmission cooler, larger radiator, upgraded fan coupling, upgraded to 150A alternator, and trailer prewiring. I think that they are included because the V6 towing capacity is listed as 3500# in the Canadian brochure. In the US, the V6 towing capacity is 2000# normally but is 3500# with the tow prep package.
Now that you made me look at the new accessory list, I also noticed that they also added:

- Ash tray & lighter $99
- DVD System - w/moonroof $1766
- DVD System w/o moonroof $1799
- Electrochromatic mirror with compass non-moonroof $248.20
- Electrochromatic mirror with compass with moonroof $248.20
- Secuirity System (Reqires factory keyless entry) $294.80
Yeah... I noticed the DVD system price... what a rip off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
WTF Does anyone have an official release?

If you go to Canada Newswire it is pretty explcit. Granted this was Dec 9th but I've looked for a retraction and none is to be found. I'm supposed to pick up my V6 Sport on Monday or Tuesday and nobody has told me that there will be no hitch. If this is true then they are in for a fight. I guess we will see on Monday....

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/December2005/09/c5349.html
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: WTF Does anyone have an official release?

TCDudley said:
If you go to Canada Newswire it is pretty explcit. Granted this was Dec 9th but I've looked for a retraction and none is to be found. I'm supposed to pick up my V6 Sport on Monday or Tuesday and nobody has told me that there will be no hitch. If this is true then they are in for a fight. I guess we will see on Monday....

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/December2005/09/c5349.html
thanks for the link....Please advise as to what happens as I am supposed to receive my v6 sport sometime this week as well.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top