Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have lost the transponder out of the key for my 04 rav. I still have the shell and the metal part that goes into the ignition barrel but I have no spare. What would be the best way to start it so I could get it to a locksmith... I can still get reds so can I clutch start it? Or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,731 Posts
Are you talking about the immobilizer chip or the remote keyless entry transmitter? Only the loss of the immobilizer chip would prevent the engine from starting, but here in the US I don't think the 2004 came equipped with an immobilizer. If you would please complete your profile information in the user control panel showing your location, we might be able to help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well not sure which country your RAV is from but I know my 2004 RAV (German spec's) has the same setup as yours it sounds like. If the lock/unlock buttons (with the transponder in it) falls out of your key casing your vehicle might start but shut down in a minute or so due to the immobilizer. You will probably have to contact your Toyota dealer with the chassis number of your car to see if a new one can be issued. My spare key has a small metal attachment with a code for things like this. I take it you do not have a spare key or any info that came with your RAV?

Good luck, it can be kind of expensive to replace this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's Australian, and we are looking into it so I shall post the end result in a week or two! Thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts