Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
HI, not sure if you resolved this yet but I recently got a 2020 Rav and I discovered that there are 2 black rubber grommets or posts that the hood rests on when closed. They are adjustable by just twisting them down the gap will get smaller. It won't eliminate the gap but it gets noticeably tighter. Hope that helps.
I just did this and it did seem to help significantly. My only concern is if the hood is properly aligned now though. I did make sure the two pads were sticking up equally. But, just not 100% that it’s lined up perfectly. But the hood gap is SO much better. I think it will allow the hood to actually hit the gaskets now and will be much more effective. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys just read all comments about that headlight seal. Unfortunately USA Toyota parts doesn’t ship to Canada . I might ask dealer. For those who did P type strip how is it working out for you or better D strip

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Hi guys just read all comments about that headlight seal. Unfortunately USA Toyota parts doesn’t ship to Canada . I might ask dealer. For those who did P type strip how is it working out for you or better D strip
The Etopars P seal looks just like it did last June when I installed it, working fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered from a dealer, had them in 4 days.
Last time I called my dealer, they told me it's not available. I'm in Ottawa. When did you order?

UPD. I called my dealer. It's a special order, wait time 2> weeks. The price is $19+tax per each side.

Somebody in this thread mentioned NorwalkToyota ships to Canada. Overall price is going to be around $39CAD. That works for me, no need to go to the dealer etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Last time I called my dealer, they told me it's not available. I'm in Ottawa. When did you order?

UPD. I called my dealer. It's a special order, wait time 2> weeks. The price is $19+tax per each side.
2 weeks ago, got them last week. They told me they were backordered and it would take 2 weeks to a month...4 days later, bingo $40.66 CAD all in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
2 weeks ago, got them last week. They told me they were backordered and it would take 2 weeks to a month...4 days later, bingo $40.66 CAD all in.
Not bad!

I've ordered it from Norwalk, $39 all in, delivered. Just got the tracking number, let's see how long will it take...

·
Registered
22 Posts
It looks like from this Korean review (at the 7:25 mark) that the rubber seals are there as well. So it looks like Toyota took the effort to NOT put it in vehicles destined to the U.S. & Canadian market even those built in Japan. I wonder why... Is this simply a case of cost cutting to have it not included in certain markets?
I think it's just Toyota cheap a** cost cutting but they may be trying to save every ounce to keep the weight down to meet stupid US fuel standards or such (thank you California). I have a 2019 and a 2020 and they cheaped out on the little storage compartment on the passenger side near the liftgate. The 2019 has a solid half wall while the 2020 has a cheap net thing. Go figure.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
402 Posts
I think it's just Toyota cheap a** cost cutting but they may be trying to save every ounce to keep the weight down to meet stupid US fuel standards or such (thank you California). I have a 2019 and a 2020 and they cheaped out on the little storage compartment on the passenger side near the liftgate. The 2019 has a solid half wall while the 2020 has a cheap net thing. Go figure.
You know what, I’ve seen this in a few images and thought it came extra as an alternative. I have the plastic panel half wall and no net that I could find, maybe it’s only on US models 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts

The little net is only on the upper trim levels, XLE premium (at least) and below have the plastic panel (better IMO) instead of the net.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts