Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hope this is not the Canadian version problem. Can any one post the US or other country's version picture? I guess we might have to wait till 2020 RAV4 come out to know the real answer. 2019 is the brand new one, if there is any design mistake, Toyota would quietly fix it in the newer model year.
I have a 2020 XLE and the same external gap, as viewed, is the same on mine (US version). Not sure about any rubber gasket under the hood in that area, though. I'll have to remember to check.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For the Canadians who ordered from Norwalk, how long did it take to finally receive the seals? Mine shipped on April 28, but according to USPS and CanPost tracking, it is still moving somewhere in the USA. (Hasn't been received by CanPost yet).

·
Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
171 Posts
it took a week for mine to arrive and they are only 45 minutes away from me!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
They said mine was shipped April 25, but now it is still tracked in Los Angeles Airport. Guess have to wait the border and flights all normal

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the Canadians who ordered from Norwalk, how long did it take to finally receive the seals? Mine shipped on April 28, but according to USPS and CanPost tracking, it is still moving somewhere in the USA. (Hasn't been received by CanPost yet).
Ordered mine April 8th, delivered (Toronto) April 20th.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure what's the big deal about this rubber stripping. I would be concern if it was missing on the door, or hatch area. When you look at the front of the car there's a grill and then a radiator the air goes through. This gap over the headlight is minor, in fact it's more air circulation over the engine!

·
Registered
502 Posts
My 2020 Limited AWD does not have them. :(
Don't worry Tony, nothing has changed in production specs of 2020. Thanks to this thread I just had a heads up on this issue before buying so I had the dealer put them in as part of the deal. I was also able to give them the part #'s thanks to this thread. Surprisingly the dealer, I'm in Canada, had no problem getting them. I gave the dealer the part #'s last Thursday afternoon and by Friday afternoon the parts dept had them. So for anyone in Canada who thinks its a problem getting them directly from your parts dept it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not sure what's the big deal about this rubber stripping. I would be concern if it was missing on the door, or hatch area. When you look at the front of the car there's a grill and then a radiator the air goes through. This gap over the headlight is minor, in fact it's more air circulation over the engine!
It's a straight shot into the engine compartment that is not obstructed by anything. The grill opening at least has the radiator to deflect some of the water. Go through a car wash with that gap and water goes inside the engine bay everywhere like someone took a fire hose to it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's a straight shot into the engine compartment that is not obstructed by anything. The grill opening at least has the radiator to deflect some of the water. Go through a car wash with that gap and water goes inside the engine bay everywhere like someone took a fire hose to it.
And if you live where it snows and you follow other cars your engine bay is a mess come spring time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Like little eyeball dirt funnels since the airflow goes up right over the headlight lenses and takes that little open shortcut into the engine bay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
They said mine was shipped April 25, but now it is still tracked in Los Angeles Airport. Guess have to wait the border and flights all normal
Hi Nanman …. Did you receive yours yet? When I track mine ...
"April 28, 2020 at 3:13 pm Processed Through Regional Facility LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER"
I even emailed NORWALK last week … they didn't even acknowledge with a generic response.
As such, I can only say to others … Do NOT order from NORWALK until COVID-19 is completely over ...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I resolved the problem myself I purchased D-Shape Weather Stripping - 0.59" Height X 0.47" Width (15 X 12 mm) - fits Gap 0.3"- 0.44" (7-12 mm), Rubber Seal Hollow Black - 20 Feet Length (6.10 M) from Amazon and it worked great. Added it back in July right to the top of each headlight between the existing seals on both sides following the hood curvature and making sure it is all just inside. I run my RAV through a pretty powerful car wash at least once a week and use Torque Detail Ceramic Shine and then Mirror shine ever so often. I just changed my windshield wash and checked my K&N Air Filter. The filter was still clean with no debris or even a dusting and the engine area was clean as a whistle. I never had the problem with water coming in as you claim, but since a few folks mentioned it I took preventive corrective action. The seal is perfect, just make sure you inspect in case the weather causes it to get hard and brittle in extreme cold weather etc.... Silicone spray may be a good thing to use on it.

Good Luck
Bill

Attachments

161 - 176 of 176 Posts