Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Limited V6
I have an occasional tap or rattle coming from the passenger visor area. I have opened up the pillar trim and checked for anything that might be loose as well as padded the visor mounting and the light clips but the rattle continues. Have you any suggestions of what I could be missing or what to look for?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Noise can travel and often start somewhere other than one may think. First thing I'd check is passenger seat belt. Maybe even buckle it up and drive around and see if it went away?
Good Luck..
Kevin

·
Registered
551 Posts
2008 Limited V6
I have an occasional tap or rattle coming from the passenger visor area. I have opened up the pillar trim and checked for anything that might be loose as well as padded the visor mounting and the light clips but the rattle continues. Have you any suggestions of what I could be missing or what to look for?
one time i heard rattling from the visors in another car and it was the vanity mirror sliding cover that was loose.
it would rattle over bumpy roads.

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
On one of ours it sounded like the visor but turned out to be the folding grab handle above the passenger door.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Agree that annoying noises may actually originate from areas apart from where they seem to be coming from. Three annoying rattles which seemed to be coming from the upper passenger side windshield area were traced to my garage door opener in the overhead sunglasses storage bin, sunglasses in the open underdash center console storage bin, and a right hand rear seat seatbelt buckle which was contacting the rear interior pillar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts