Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a Toyota certified 2012 RAV4 with 16k miles. So far I'm very happy with the purchase. It's AWD with the I4 engine.

However, I've noticed there is sometimes a noise or vibration between 1800 and 2000 RPM when I'm on the gas. I believe it's only present in 4th gear, or when the AC is on, but it's pretty difficult to recreate. It almost feels/sounds like I'm driving over small rumble strips.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I THINK it's a common problem as both of my RAV4's (1997 and 2005) have a vibration coming from the exhaust shroud but only heard at certain RPMs: the 97 1800-2000; the 05: 2000-2300, either up or down the RPM scale. I have advised on other post to look under the car with the engine running (chocked, in park, parking brake on) and watch the shroud vibrate. I may come up with a solution at some time in the future: changing the harmonics of the shroud so it doesn't vibrate. I don't mind it; makes my girlfriend crazy (she drives the 2005). Then again, it could be something else........:serious

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's interesting you say that, because to me it feels like a harmonic vibration in the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts