Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to give All Weather tires a try. I am still running the original all season Toyo A20's which are not very good for winter. I know dedicated winter tires are the best choice, but I don't drive my 2012 Rav (4wd) much, 3-4000 miles per year total. I don't want the annual tire/wheel swap. These new "All Weather" tires make sense for my needs. I live near Syracuse NY which is one of the snowiest areas in the country, and I do know how to drive in snow even with all season tires.

Sooo - does anybody have experience with either Nokian WR3 SUV or Toyo Celius CUV tires? My tire size is 225-65R-17. My local tire dealer sells both tires for the same price, and says they both are good, but thinks the Toyo's will give a little longer life. I know the pros and cons of this type of tire, and am really just looking for input from those that have tried either of these 2 tires on a Rav 4.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I have not tried either of those specific models, so can't directly answer your question. I'd guess it's not very likely at all that you'll find one person whose had experience with both of those exact models.

But I will say that my winter tires are from Nokian (different model) and they are totally awesome. I'm a HUGE fan of Nokian tires. I can't imagine you could go wrong with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the older Nokian WRG2 suv tires 215-70-16 (H-rated) installed with dedicated steel rims that I use for my winter tires. They ride nice and are pretty smooth on the highway. They do very well in the snow and ice for an all weather tire. I went with this tire due to the milder climate in Windsor, Ontario (across from Detroit). I'm sure the WRG3s will be similar to the WRG2s.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised no one here has tried any of this newer breed of tire that is purported to give year round good performance to those of us that don't want to have a dedicated set of winter tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have decided to give All Weather tires a try. I am still running the original all season Toyo A20's which are not very good for winter. I know dedicated winter tires are the best choice, but I don't drive my 2012 Rav (4wd) much, 3-4000 miles per year total. I don't want the annual tire/wheel swap. These new "All Weather" tires make sense for my needs. I live near Syracuse NY which is one of the snowiest areas in the country, and I do know how to drive in snow even with all season tires.

Sooo - does anybody have experience with either Nokian WR3 SUV or Toyo Celius CUV tires? My tire size is 225-65R-17. My local tire dealer sells both tires for the same price, and says they both are good, but thinks the Toyo's will give a little longer life. I know the pros and cons of this type of tire, and am really just looking for input from those that have tried either of these 2 tires on a Rav 4.
I have the Nokian on my RAV4 but just got them and not much snow yet. Snow should be coming soon and will report back.
I have had the Yoko Geolander G015 on my 4runner for 10k and they work very well in all conditions, are nice and quiet and have not worn much. I would say they are not too far behind the Michelin Xi2's I have used on 2 other vehicles. I can't stand switching tires and rims twice a year and don't put that much mileage on so all weather is a good choice for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had good luck W/ another brand of tire other than what you inquired. If I had the extra cash, I would've gone for the Nokians.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My next tire purchase will be the Toyo Celsius. I have run the equivalent Nokians on a AWD Audi in Vermont and had no winter troubles, but my trusted tire dealer said the Toyo will last longer and getting warranty claims is easier

1 - 8 of 8 Posts