Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the exact model# to get for the Rav4 or even where to get them? Also, I've heard that you need to change the gap on the spark plugs before installing these wires.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
First of all, this not a bad price. I got mine for 179.00. Check these out. http://www.eautoworks.com/ORD-1-1-1-32587.cfm
I guess you can see them here
Regarding GAP, just buy the Nology spark plugs. They work well, believe me dude.

Just one thing, be very careful when you install them. You only have one set of plastic caps [also the OEM once] don’t damage them.

One last thing, Silver Stone Plugs is S3F for the RAV4 3SFE engine.
:wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think I can use NGK or Bosch Platinum +4 (the ones you don't have to gap) with these wires?

I

·
0 Posts
Hi i own a 2000 Rav 4, will the nology wire work properly with my car? and if not where can i get wires that do work right. Also where can i get some good plugs? i was thinkin iridum. but anythings better than the ones from autozone. thanks

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
importtuner said:
Hi i own a 2000 RAV 4, will the nology wire work properly with my car? and if not where can i get wires that do work right. Also where can i get some good plugs? i was thinkin iridum. but anythings better than the ones from autozone. thanks
http://www.nology.com/

I'm not sure if Nology does wires for your year. I always look at the numbers. Below you can see the numbers for MY specific model. This is the 3SFE engine for 1997. To tell you the truth, the engine where you can find most performance parts are for the 1997 model. That said, below you will find the Nology Stock number for the 3SFE RAV4 for 1997. It doesn't mention the rest. I guess you can contact Nology for more information.

97- RAV4 - L4- 014 584 301 -Color, you must specify.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Well to tell you the truth those are cheap filter. That BTW, will be removed and replace with K&H filters. Once I can get the adequate filter, I'll post the stock numbers. They are about 10 to 12 bucks a piece. OK little piece of advice. If you take your car to be serviced, always check that they are their when it comes out of the garage. I once send my RAV4 to my local Toyota Dealer. That same afternoon, when I went to check the oil. One of the filters was missing. I couldn't go back and ask, it would be stupid of me anyway. So, every time I roll my RAV4 out of any garage, I double check that everything is in its place. :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts