Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many RAV4.2's in San Francisco.... so I know a meet will just be such a big group. But I know not much people know about this site.... a few years ago I saw an S2000 meet in SF and it just blew me away!!

They got about a good 20 to 30 s2k's rolling together.... it was awesome, too bad I only on the streets watching as the s2k's passed by.

so who's willing to participate in this meet ? (rav4 meet)
if it does go through....... im not talking about only 5 or 6 rav4's, i would really like to see this to be big

·
Registered
396 Posts
Count me in for a meetup if we can get enough people. Yeah, I've seen a Lan Evo meetup at the Milpitas Walmart once which impressed me with their 10-15 or so cars. Then a few months later I saw a Subaru WRX/STI meet at the Dave and Busters at the Great Mall. Man, they had more than 40 cars or so. Quite a sight before local mall security broke it up. Anyways, any ideas on where this meet could take place? If anyone's interested in a little softroading, we could check out Hollister Hills OHV park sometime. Been there myself while I was scoping for future meet areas. Nice wide dirt roads with some ups and downs. Nothing to worry about as long as you're on the easy trails.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah, I've seen tons of Ravs over there, but mostly the people that drive them (and i don't want to generalize) don't seem to really care much about their cars, i don't know :oops:. Here in Sacramento, the majority of the people i've seen that drive ravs are older people.
I've been planning on putting on a rav4world.com sticker on my car to advertise the website, but i haven't had the time to draw the rav logo and the rest (cuz i think it looks cooler with the rav logo, no offense Kelly).
Count me in for that meeting, but please don't do it on a weekday, hehe.
Miriam

·
Registered
396 Posts
Only three of us so far? Man, I remember before the boards went down that there were was at least five more people who were interested in a bay area meet. Guess they haven't found their way back to this site yet. Down here in San Jose there tends to be a whole lot more young women driving the Rav with maybe one guy or an older couple compromising the minority. Most of them don't look like they'd be interested in a meet though there've been a few who I've seen do a few exterior mods that may be interested. Really could use a Rav4world vinyl window sticker to pump up the site.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COUNT ME IN !!!! im IN the Bay AREA (SAN JOSE) willing to go 100 Miles UP or DOWN for this meet. I wanted to do a meet before, but never got it all together.....
I believe theres a zoomie888 , hes in SF . I talk with him once in a while online...i bet he is willing too...SO add 2 more ???

BTW....IM A MALE driver on a CUTE RAV4. Women seems to like my car hehehehehee :roll: :D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, I guess those people completely forgot about this site....

don't close this post off, im sure people that see this will join.. or perhaps we can always tag along with the Camry/ Solara meets. :? or even the Corolla meets :(

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I'm up for a ROAD TRIP this summer. Give me at least 45 days notice and I'll TRY to make it 8)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SOOO ANY BODY WANNA Start to discuss

WHERE ?
WHEN ?

To have this GREAT MEET !!! ???

set a date or something... or meet at a HOT IMPORT SHOW?
OFF ROADING in Sacromento????

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, back in the old forum before it died, there was some discussion about just meeting up at the Dave and Busters at the Great Mall. However, my vote goes to Hollister Hills for a little softroading. It's only about an hour south of San Jose. It's got some nice easy trails along with the more difficult ones and an offroading course. Nice views in the clearings near the top of the hills. The Sacramento one you mentioned is Prairie City, right? Do they have easy trails there cause all the articles I've read only seem to describe it as being an offroading course type of park.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Prairie City, isnt that bad. some soomth dirt roads, easy riding, with some difficult offroading which is a small section
check it out at my Cardomain, FIRST PAGE MIDDLE !!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ron8818

I heard about Hollister Hills, Which is bigger, I have this "CALIFORNIA OFFROADING ADVENTURE MAP" and Hollister looks like a good place to meet. I hope we do this soon, cuz I just bought new Springs , Shocks to lower my car ! 1.2 " soooo I should be fine on easy rolling area.

LOOKING FORWARD...
SOOO WANNA MAKE IT HOLLISTER HILLS ?? as a place to go and grab some food take some pictures...BBQ whatever...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if this trip will be only for AWD or 4WD :?. I've never taken my car offroad so I don't know how difficult it is to drive a 2WD offroad. Not very familiar with that.
Miriam

·
Registered
396 Posts
Shouldn't be difficult at all. The easy trails are just that...easy. They require 4x4 vehicles only to enter the park, but they don't have to know that you're only a 2wd if we're in a group. They don't check anyways. Even so, the easy trails are mostly just a few ruts, rolling trails, and a couple of inclines. It's when you get to the difficult trails that true 4x4 is needed. As for the moderate trails, the ranger said they're not difficult, but the problem for the Rav4 would be clearance. Something about underground piping/drainage system that might get the Rav4 hung up. I was tempted myself to try the moderate trails, but thought better of it since I was by myself. :D They aslo have a picnic area/campsite area there were you can camp overnight and have a bbq. 2wd Ravs shouldn't have any problems there as long as it stays nice and dry unlike today. :cry:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dont worrry about 2WD not able to go offroading...I take my 2WD to mud places and it went fine...unless a deep incline or something like that is not sutable for our 2WD. As long its flat some little little incline a little muddy should be fine too *kinda* TRUST ME ON THIS ...IF YOU GET STUCK ill bring some wood to get your guys out. .... OH YEA only 2 places i got stuck is ON ICE with no CHAIN. and i drove into a swamp...... :shock:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Eventually, I'd like to see a get together of the Nor Cal and So Cal Ravers at Oceano Dunes(Pismo Beach) to do a bit of sand duning. Of course, in that area awd is a must in the softer sand. :D Hollister Hills' easy trails don't necessarily need for you to have 4wd/awd so 2wd Ravers can still have some fun taking their Rav off the paved road and on the beaten path for once. If anyone's crazy enough, they can try the moderate trails or the offroad obstacle course. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
LOL :D, ron8818 to the rescue!! :shock: Drove into a swamp? Geez....
Thanks guys for the info, I feel better now :). I think that the only times my car has touched mud was when I went to a wild life park where the road was made part of mud, part asphalt, and at work driving on the lawn :p. In a way, I wanted to puchase the 4WD, but when I bought my car, the Toyotas were having a sale nationwide and I got cashback with mine, but only with the models that were in the lot, which were only 3: 2 green ones like mine, and a red one (don't really like that color). That day I wasn't planning on buying the car...shoot, I wasn't even planning on buying A car at all, but my mom wanted me to test drive it since she knew how much I liked the Rav as soon as I laid eyes on it, and we were supposedly looking. She was the one who convinced me to buy it, and up to this date, I still thank her she did ;). I just love it :)!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does anyone wanna set a PLACE to meet ??

HOLLISTER ??? seems to me on the pictures on "slayers" cardomain, it seems like a great place for some offroading sutable for both 2ws/ 4wd.

HOLLISTER ????
HOLLISTER ????

TIME ???? END of MARCH 2005 ??? Sat or Sun or What ??

LETS MAKE A DECISION !!
i really want this meet to actually happen !! :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, Hollister on a Saturday would be fine with me. March sounds cool as long as it's not raining when we go. Plus, if we do set a date, we still have to make sure that the upper ranch area is open. They occasionally close it for special offroading events.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Could we do this in summer time? I have Saturday classes and use my whole weekends for homework :(. How about mid July? I know... I know... you guys are way too excited to wait, but hey, wouldn't be more fun if more people go? :p.
Where's Hollister anyways?
Miriam

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.