Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2013 RAV and love it. I live in a rural area and was wondering which mode to drive in normally. Normal, ECO or Sport? Would appreciate any feedback. Also, when traveling on the Interstate which mode is recommended? Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Welcome! First course of action when you have questions is check the owner's manual, if you don't have one, you can download it on the Toyota Owner's site, read the Driving Procedures section. You'd use normal mode for highway travel, eco mode for city to help achieve low fuel consumption during trips that involve frequent accelerating, sport mode for powerful acceleration and driving in mountainous regions.

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM42809U/pdf/OM42809U.pdf

Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Warranty

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Personally I never use Eco. Too f'n annoying. I use normal in winter and sport in summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FWD or AWD? I have a 2014 LTD AWD and go back and forth between normal and eco. Wondering what kind of mpg you get on sport only? Hwy I see no difference between the three, but city there's a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
5 months ago I got a 2013 Rav4 Limited.
I just hate driving it on eco mode, so I drive in sport all the time.
Coming from a '99 Dodge Durango 5.2L V8, gas on the Rav4 in sport mode is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I much prefer ECO mode. Throttle response is more linear. Power is still there when you need it, only have to press the go pedal more.
I would bet that full throttle in all modes delivers the same power and transmission response.
My GF likes the Sport mode.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use SPORT sometimes, but most of the time NORMAL in manual mode. I feel like the transmission tries to get into a higher gear too quickly, which makes the RAV4 feel lethargic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
2017 Hybrid XLE AWD and I always do ECO. I just enjoy 32-41mpg using it.
Show off... lol. Struggling here to get 30mpg in my '14 LTD AWD. Looking at the hybrid for an upgrade in the future though. Any downsides?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use normal. Wife uses eco. I find the sport to be non-linear and too sensitive when I touch the accelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
All Sport mode all the time...I am looking for a way to make my Rav4 default to Sport mode at start up

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wife keeps hers on ECO. One day I may try the others for the heck of it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use Eco around town and Normal on the highway. I like the quicker throttle response when I need to pass or enter the highway from an on ramp. I only have used the Sport mode a few times since I bought my RAV4 last May, and that was when climbing steep and winding roads going over mountains. I suppose it is individual preference based on what you feel comfortable with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts