Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contacted COLGAN the ultimate bra manufacture, about the availibility, or lack there of, for front end nose masks for the 06 Rav4. They stated two things: No one has brought a 06 Rav4 to their factory, so they could design a bra. And they haven't recieved many requests for them to start producing them. They stated that they have e-mail back log list, and when the magic number is reached, they will start producing them. So if you want a bra for your 06 Rav4 you can contact them at the below link.

[email protected]

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey RAVers, this forum really gets things moving. Doesn't anybody else want a Colgan bra for their new RAV? I want a carbon fiber bra for my new RAV really bad, lots of bugs in Florida, they do a real job on the hood and bumper. I sent Colgan an e-mail today for a update of requests. They only have five requests of people wanting a bra for their RAV. They need at least 12-15 requests to start producing the bra. Appreciate your help. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
clear bra

I was getting the windows tinted on one of my other cars last week and I asked the sales guy about a 3M clear bra for my RAV that is on its way. He took me out and showed me an Altima they had just put it on and it was just a big piece of tape about 12" up the hood, NO coverage on the quarter panels, bumper, grill or nothing down there. He said it costs $189. I was like for what? I thought that might be nice because bras tear up the finish, but the clear bra was wholly inadequate.

What other options are there?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The beauty of the paint protection film is that it can be applied to any painted surface. If the car you saw it on only had it on the hood, that's likely because that's where the owner wanted it.

I have it on the hood and front bumper cover of my Subaru. For my next vehicle I'll do it again but also add it to the leading edge of the quarter panels as well as the mirrors. Some people even get it put on the leading edge of the roof as well as the rocker panels.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Was thinking about adding another name to your list to Colgan, but couldn't wait - went for the 3M film package today instead. Came out nice, but it's expensive! Did the hood, front half of front quarter panels and mirrors., bill came to $270. They wanted another $360 to do the entire front bumper cutout, guess I'll wait and see how this holds up.

Rear cargo tray came in today, still waiting on the mudflaps and rear bumper protector. Gotta check out some side door moldings sometime soon, don't like the way the doors are totally unprotected. Little by little the pieces are coming together!

OC :roll:

R

·
0 Posts
Colgan lists bras for RAV4 now

I was just on Colgan's web site (see link below) and they now list several different styles of bras for the 2006 RAV4. I guess all the requests worked.

http://www.colgancustom.com

- Rod

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for that info. Bout time! Now I can get a bra for for "parked" RAV. Still no stone chips on the front end. Matter of fact that end isn't evven crumbled. :)

S

·
0 Posts
inlets said:
Thank you for that info. Bout time! Now I can get a bra for for "parked" RAV. Still no stone chips on the front end. Matter of fact that end isn't evven crumbled. :)
hey inlets, are you going to buy one? if so, please post pics.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Been so busy at work haven't had time to check out the site and place an order. If available, the one I'm going to get is the carbon fiber. I'll do it tonight. Colgan is the best bra, much better than the highly coveted 3M invisi bra :p

Q

·
0 Posts
Any pics of this bra?

Hi,

Any one installed this bra on 06-07 Rav4 already?
Could you share some pics?
I'm tending to buy this over the magnetic film, clear film and plastic guard based on my previous Honda prelude experience.

Thanks.

Q

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the original 2-piece for my limited, but id like to see pics first!

Whats with the little triangles of material above the headlights on some of the sample pics?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Sorry guys and girls, I really think that these look worse than the odd paint chip - maybe if this was a ferrari forum or something, but come on - these are RAV's - they are meant to be used for activities that the humble "car" cant do.... (off roading??)

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll probably put 25-35k on it this year. My reason for getting it would be simply to preserve my investment.

Questions:
Do you have to remove it in rain?

When you wash the car?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
jmhunter said:
My reason for getting it would be simply to preserve my investment.
Car's are definitely the easy way to losing money..... The only investment in my car is the TIRES, these are the only things keeping you safe.... Any other money spent is just for fun....

·
Registered
337 Posts
This vehicle is used exclusively for business, thus keeping the vehicle looking tops is the utmost importance. My vehicle garnered very little respect prior. This vehicle has really helped us maintain ahigh profile, and clean professional look. I'm still thinking about ordering a bra. I am waiting for some feedback though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts