Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Look @ my signature. Like @mikefocke said, it's calculated. And yes, there is a 2-3MPG difference compatred to the BC. So the BC shows low 40's, calculated 39's over >6.500 miles (just under 11.000km).
Running Michelins allseason SUV tires, 2.5BAR on them. In The Netherlands most flat roads, around 30% highway @115km/h (about 70Mph), all other trips average 60-80 km/h (36-50 Mph).
Yes I know that fuelly mileage is calculated. I was curious as to how far off reality the trip computer is.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When people are referencing the computer output, are they talking about the number in the MID? If i pull up the history log on the media screen, the fuel consumption number is different?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Depends on the mode you put it in: total avarage, tank average or trip average... That value will be displayed on the MID. The history log is what it is.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Depends on the mode you put it in: total avarage, tank average or trip average... That value will be displayed on the MID. The history log is what it is.
I haven't refilled my car yet. Just got it on Saturday. When i turn the car off, it tells me the fuel consumption for the trip. Today on the MID, it was reading 5.9l/100km for tank average and, it said 5.4l/100km at the end of the trip. On the media it was closer to 6.4l/100km. I'm assuming the media one is a goofy number and the ones to trust are on the MID?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, as you don't have a real history yet... It's assuming and guessing right now. After one or two refuels it will make sense.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
When people are referencing the computer output, are they talking about the number in the MID? If i pull up the history log on the media screen, the fuel consumption number is different?
Time to learn your MID options and settings. There are 4 different MPG readings available via the MID. One is the trip average that pops up when you shut it off. On the regular MID itself there are 3 different MPG meters available, Tank, total and trip. These are the curved green meters with a white strip on the outside which is "current MPG". The "total" average is the same as the history number you get from the infotainment screen - and is an average since you last reset that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my vehicle 3 weeks (did a 1000 mile trip on it, averaging around 36 mpg). I am in a warmer climate, right now and mostly city/non-interstate/highway driving. I've never gotten near the posted mpg. I am not a lead foot.

I've also NEVER been able to get more than 9 gallons on fill up (thought the tank was on 'E' and it stated I was 25 miles to empty..... I know, another thread).

·
Registered
343 Posts
've also NEVER been able to get more than 9 gallons on fill up (thought the tank was on 'E' and it stated I was 25 miles to empty..... I know, another thread).
Discussed in this thread. Some have offers of buy back. Maybe buy a Model Y, you will be much happier.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussed in this thread. Some have offers of buy back. Maybe buy a Model Y, you will be much happier.

What are you smoking there? Y is not even close to being out.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts