Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going through the manual so I could make a note of how to start the car if the battery dies in the key fob when I noticed this in the manual:
"To avoid serious deterioration, do not leave the electronic key within 3 ft. (1 m) of the following electrical appliances that produce a magnetic field: • TVs • Personal computers • Cellular phones, cordless phones and battery chargers • Recharging cellular phones or cordless phones • Table lamps • Induction cookers "
That last one's not a problem, but keeping the key 3 feet from computers and cell phones? Both key and phone are always in my pockets.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you keep your key in your shoe, you should be ok...
Have had to replace 3 fobs already because of my damn cell phone.
You only feel it for the first week or so, after that you get used to it

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Sounds like a warning straight out of the distant past. Just surprised they don't mention microwave ovens unless we're supposed to think "induction cookers" cover them.
And where's the warning about the dire consequences of RF radiation from many of these "modern" devices.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If you keep your key in your shoe, you should be ok...
Have had to replace 3 fobs already because of my damn cell phone.
You only feel it for the first week or so, after that you get used to it
:confused:
I've had my Corolla for 18 months. Fob is in my left pocket, phone hangs on my left pocket. At work, my left pocket is about a foot from my computer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
:confused:
I've had my Corolla for 18 months. Fob is in my left pocket, phone hangs on my left pocket. At work, my left pocket is about a foot from my computer.

Ahhh, Just figured a not so serious question had to have a not so serious answer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts