Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago I went to start my 2008 4 wheel drive Rav4 and it wouldn’t turn over. Lights inside the car were nice and bright. Friend of mine said try starting it in neutral. So I did and it started. He then told me to put it in park and shut it off. Then he said to try starting it in park and it started. I drove to my destination no problems. Parked for several hours came back and it started fine. It started fine to and from work yesterday as well. Went to my mothers for dinner after work last night and the car wouldn’t start when I went to leave. At that point it was dark and very cold outside so we have decided to wait until today to troubleshoot. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong??? I’m not a mechanic and I don’t have much money so I’m trying to figure this out the cheapest way possible. Any ideas would help! Thank you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm sure those with mechanical chops will weigh in on this shortly. Did the engine turn over or was it like the battery was dead? The extreme cold could be a factor if your battery is marginal, even if you still have interior lighting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts