Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

My Rav4 hybrid (2018) seems to do more vibration now then when I first got it. Just only when the engine starts - like an initial tug/jerk.
The vibrations is less noticeable when the car is in motion when the engine turns on.
Quite annoying when the car is in idle.
Also, the frequency when the combustion engine starts has increased which of course automatically lead to the higher fuel consumption.
Does anyone notice the similar issue?

I went to the Toyota service but the answer was "That's OK. it has to be like that..."

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, definitely the cold is not the reason for this type of vibration.
It was visible also during the summer time when outside temperature is very high.
Combustion engine starts usually with the high RPM, so this may increase the immediate vibration, anyway at the beginning the vibration was almost not detectable, now it's quite annoying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, definitely the cold is not the reason for this type of vibration.
It was visible also during the summer time when outside temperature is very high.
Combustion engine starts usually with the high RPM, so this may increase the immediate vibration, anyway at the beginning the vibration was almost not detectable, now it's quite annoying.
I have a CT200h which about 230,000km and the known issues with those engines along with the Prius is the EGR intake gets clogged and bogs the engine down, leading to aggressive start/studder and vibration. Eventually if this isn't repaired, it leads to a blown head gasket, or worse a blown block. I doubt your 2018 has this issue since it only ususally happens at 150-200k+ and I don't think it's a known issue for our 2.4L engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts